My iphone 6 reboots whenever it feels fit?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Matthew Leslie, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Matthew Leslie

Matthew Leslie New Member

Hello, My iPhone 6 keeps turning off and on throughout the day even when not in use ! Has anybody else had this problem? If so please share your information on solving this issue!

2. Loading...

3. Kyler

Kyler Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

It could be a problem with the calibration of the battery. Something would be wrong with the battery, charger or hardware detection. You might want to try factory reset, if it didn't fix it you should take it to a shop.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

You might have a culprit application inside your phone. Try to find the source of it and if that doesn't work, then a factory reset is in order.
    If the phone still has problems then I suggest you should look for battery/hardware issues. It's better to take it to a professionist, you might mess something up.

5. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I haven't heard of another problem like this. But it might have something to do with your battery. I know that it's not too hard to mess up the Apple battery's, so something like that could have happened. It stinks because you can't replace them on your own since you can't get to the back of your phone. So, I would say that you should bring it somewhere to have it looked at. Or send it in Apple if you have Apple care.

6. KNH

KNH New Member

Have you installed the most recent update? I know other people have been having that issue too.

7. SwirlyCocoa

SwirlyCocoa New Member

My phone doesn't completely restart, but I've noticed sometimes when I'm using it the screen will go black and then turn white with the apple logo showing. After a few seconds, it goes right back to whatever I was doing. I've had 2 iPhone 6s and I can't remember if my last one did it or not but it's pretty annoying. I was in the middle of a game once when it happened. I'm not sure what triggers it. However, it doesn't happen very often so perhaps it's something I sort of overlooked. You should take it into the apple store and see if they can figure out the issue.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

If a device as new as yours starts to misbehave, the first thing I'd do is go and get a replacement. The phone will still be under warranty, and so instead of trying to fix the problem yourself I'd just get a new device.

IPhones are pretty well made these days so the chances are you might have just got a rogue device, and if it's starting to be faulty already, I wouldn't take any chances and keep hold of it.