Motorola Moto X (2015) Rumored To Have A Fingerprint Scanner

Discussion in 'Moto' started by GavinGimbo, Jun 10, 2015.

1. GavinGimbo

GavinGimbo Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

UPDATE: Moto X (2015) has been released. Does NOT contain a fingerprint scanner. Rumors were wrong.

Recent leaks point out that the third generation Moto X will have a fingerprint scanner on the "M" dimple behind. There are some pictures online however it it is unclear whether they are true, but it does show the space for the scanner component. A picture is attached below.

[​IMG]

The Motorola Nexus 6 was supposed to have a fingerprint reader but was ultimately scrapped off. So what do you guys think?

I personally think that this is true since Android M will introduce fingerprint scanning out of the box, so there's a very high chance that Motorola will implement the scanner for their next device.

#1 GavinGimbo, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  2. Loading...

3. AlexKid

AlexKid Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I think finger scanners on smart phones is a neat idea. I definitely want to see this become a standard feature across the board. Quite often, one leaves their smart phone on the board room table or at a coffee shop. Anyone can pick it up access some sensitive data you may have there, it's better if there are effective security methods that would stop this from happening.

GavinGimbo likes this.
  4. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Actually, the latest rumor is now that the fingerprint scanner is integrated where the speaker grille is, or something like that. That was making the rounds on all of the Android-related tech sites in the past day or two. Either way, the device is guaranteed to have a fingerprint scanner, and it could have some other surprises in store like forward flash, which is always a nice addition. A flagship really should have a fingerprint scanner, forward-facing LED flash, and 4GB of RAM. The later might be a little doubtful for the Moto X, though, since it should cost slightly less than most flagships, as was the case with its predecessors.

5. GavinGimbo

GavinGimbo Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I guess the rumors were wrong. There's no integrated fingerprint scanner.