Moto X 2015 specs - worthy upgrade?

Discussion in 'Moto' started by FuZyOn, Jul 28, 2015.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

#1 FuZyOn, Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  2. Loading...

3. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Well, it depends because there are two Moto X models. The Moto X Play features the larger battery and hasn't been confirmed for the United States, while the Moto X Style is the true flagship device. Both are great devices for the price, so I'd recommend either, although the larger battery in the Play makes more sense for me. Basically, both devices are noticeable improvements over the previous Moto X in different ways.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

My main gripe with the Moto X 2014 was the lackluster battery and the average camera. Those issues seems to have been fixed this generation, so I may be inclined to pick up the 2015 models.

5. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Motorola has definitely fixed its biggest shortcomings while lowering the price dramatically compared to the competition. The Moto X Style (Pure Edition in US) features a Quad-HD screen with a 3,000 mAh battery, so the battery life gains there aren't going to be great, but it should make a difference. Even with a 3,600 mAh battery, the Moto X Play might only fall in line with other large-battery flagships, depending on how the software and hardware plays together to draw on the battery. Either way, it's an improvement over the previous two Moto X models.