Moto E 2015 Performance Drop While Charging

Discussion in 'Moto' started by oldman47, Apr 8, 2015.

1. oldman47

oldman47 Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Is there anyone else in here getting a large decrease in performance on the net Moto E 2015, while it charges?

I am also noticing some strange behavior where the screen is not registering my finger touches, but it only happens from time to time.

After I am removing the USB charger, the phone is working perfectly again.

2. Loading...

3. Beny

Beny Member

This is not a problem or issue. All phones are behaving like this.

A nice little trick that I am using is to have the phone charge over night.

4. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

When you plug in the charger, more heat is generated within the device. If you're trying to do a lot on the device while it's charging, then the extra heat can cause performance to degrade to some extent. The touch issues could be explained by this, too. Then again, the Moto E 2015 is a pretty low-powered device with a lackluster processor, which could explain the glitches and touch problems.

What are you talking about? What he's describing is obviously an issue, and not all smartphones behave in that manner. Most midrange and high-end devices don't experience major performance issues while charging, except under multitasking conditions. Likewise, touch gestures on most devices work how they're supposed to without constant misreads.

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

teamxxlp is right here! Your problems come from the low internals of the phone combined with the heat that the charger produces.
    If the phone gets really hot I suggest you take it apart and check the battery.