Microsoft Continues To Lose Money On Smartphone Division

Discussion in 'Lumia' started by teamxxlp, May 8, 2015.

1. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Microsoft recently reported a big loss from its smartphone division, and it makes sense considering how little of the market Windows Phone OS has conquered. I expect the company to turn things around, but Microsoft must meet three criteria for that to happen:

1) Make Windows 10 a true unified experience across all devices, essentially making Lumia devices small computers.

2) Get into the upper midrange and premium flagship device categories with positively received (by users and critics) devices.

3) Work feverishly to get more apps into the Windows Store IMMEDIATELY.

2. Loading...

3. GenevB

GenevB New Member

Well, no wonder they keep on losing money with the poor services they offer. The interface of the OS is pretty easy, but totally useless. The phones work fast, until you download some applications, which by the way are very rare on the windows phone market and after that it start running very slow when trying to open one or switching tabs.

4. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Microsoft is starting to make it easier for developers to port iOS and Android apps to Windows OS, which means the app store discrepancies should be rectified sooner rather than later. How is the OS useless when it provides everything that other operating systems give to users? That's a nonsensical statement.

5. GenevB

GenevB New Member

Maybe I haven't expressed myself right, I meant that the OS is good, but you have not too many opportunities to use it, you don't have much apps or games to use it. It's like owning a BMW engine, but your car would be a very old one. I've hard that they are making it easier to port application, I'd be curious to know the details, how exactly they would do that and when will it be available.

6. JohnBeaulieu

JohnBeaulieu Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

If and when Microsoft opens it's app store up more and gives developers incentive to port popular apps to Windows things will get better. That should help increase market share and interest.