Low Volume During Phone Call ! How can i Fix this ?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by guffe2004, Apr 1, 2015.

1. guffe2004

guffe2004 Member

Hello, a lot of people are telling me that they cannot hear me good when i'm talking with them on my S2 I9100, anyone having this kind of issue ?

2. Loading...

3. Suzie25

Suzie25 Member

hello mate, on my phone everything is working ok, it sound to me like a faulty microphone... maybe is a software related issues, what version of Android are u running ?

4. guffe2004

guffe2004 Member

i'm running Android 4.3 jellybean with custom settings... i download it from a forum first day when i bought my S2, but didn't have any problem sience a few weeks ago when people who i talk on the other line tell me that they cannot hear me.. :(

5. Suzie25

Suzie25 Member

You can replace the microphone unit in your phone by yourself to save some penny, on Youtube there's a video with the Dissasembly of the S2 and then assembled back on ... you can inspire from that video to replace the microphone ...

6. guffe2004

guffe2004 Member

Thank you, it seem's that it was software issue, as long as i flash again the same Android 4.3 , wipe cache and factory reset it again after installation, the phone seems to be back to normal for the moment, at least people are hearing me good now...

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Volume and microphone issues are very rarely down to hardware failure as that part of the phone, no matter how modern it is, has pretty much stayed the same over the years and its the last thing that manufacturer's are going to change as its usually that reliable.

Software issues are usually to blame for any call problems and a simple reboot or soft reset will usually fix that.

Occasionally you may have to roll back to a previous android version, and reinstall the new update but only on rare occasions.

8. Clairelouise84

Clairelouise84 New Member

I am glad that you asked this question as I have been having a very similar problem, I am hard of hearing (not totally deaf) as it is and it has been such a struggle trying to talk to anyone!

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Have you got the problem fixed now or are you still having issues? Are you using the Samsung S2 and if so what android version are you on?

People on this forum are friendly enough and might be able to help?

Clairelouise84 likes this.
  10. Clairelouise84

Clairelouise84 New Member

I have got everything fixed now just about thank you, yes everyone on here has been very friendly and helpful!

pwarbi likes this.
  11. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Glad you've got everything fixed, nothing is more infuriating than technology that doesn't work aswell as it should.