Low Battery Life?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snowmanpoint88, May 12, 2015.

1. snowmanpoint88

snowmanpoint88 Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I recently got an iPhone from a friend. It's not new, and he used it for like two years before he purchased a new iPhone. Appearance-wise, this 4s is still okay. No scratches whatsoever. It even has the original charger, earphones, and box still. Unfortunately, the battery life isn't so good. I noticed that unlike other iOS devices, this iPhone drains in about three hours. I searched online, and guides told me to update the OS. I did, but it still doesn't last too long.

I wonder if anyone here can tell me what I should do to make my phone's batter last longer. Greatly appreciated! TIA!

2. Loading...

3. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

I guarantee that the battery is shot, especially if it's at least two years old. The only thing you can do is replace the battery, either by yourself or through a third-party service. It's like a $15 DIY project, so it's not exactly that difficult or expensive. No update or software tweaks are going to prevent a near-dead battery from dying quickly.

4. snowmanpoint88

snowmanpoint88 Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Thanks for the advice! I searched the Internet for some solutions, and I read about this. Another website suggested updating the OS and making back-up files. I did the latter, and my phone now survives for a long time. When the battery becomes a problem again, I will result to replacing the battery. :) Thanks again!

5. natho49

natho49 New Member

Either buy a new battery or make some adustments to how you use it; turn brightness down, don't use apps all the time etc

6. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Knowing a little more info would be good. Does it drain in 3 hours while in stand-by or does it drain from you using it? Prolonged use of an app, internet for example, will drain it in 3 hours and under. If it's draining without any usage then it has a problem with the battery and likely needs a new one.