Lollipop Version 5.0.1 or 5.0.2 on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by JimSmith92, Apr 8, 2015.

?

What version of Lollipop did you Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge came with?

1. 5.0.1

33.3%
  2. 5.0.2

66.7%
  1. JimSmith92

JimSmith92 Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Hello

I went at the store and the phone I tested before buying was running 5.0.1, but my S6E that I just unpacked came with 5.0.2.

Did you guys had the same experience?

Beny likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. oldman47

oldman47 Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Mar 24, 2015
    When I unpacked mine last week it had 5.0.2

4. Oliver

Oliver Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Mine came with 5.0.1 but shortly after I unpacked it, it got an OTA update and it went to 5.0.2

5. problemphone

problemphone New Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Will the update affect root?

6. IonelaBoss

IonelaBoss New Member

Mar 24, 2015
    No. But update first. Then make sure on edge model to root with the S6 standard 920 file. NOT the 925 which causes a lock up on boot screen after odin pass and tries to reboot. Even for those that use the wrong file, just redo with the 920 root file and it will work.

Beny likes this.
  7. Beny

Beny Member

Mar 26, 2015
    Male
    As far as I can remember, there were 2 updates, ~45Mb and 350Mb. Android 5.0.2

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    5.0.2 is what your android device should be running at the moment. Depending on when you got your phone will obviously depend on what version it came with.

I think it would have had the previous version installed but the update would have run as soon as the device was powered up and connected to a data network

9. queenbellevue

queenbellevue New Member

Apr 19, 2015
    I think it will (it usually does).

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    Do the root after the update (or any update for that matter) if your going down that road.

11. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Male
    How does Android 5.0.2 run on the Galaxy S6/S6 Edge? I'm running Android 5.1 on my Nexus 5, and the entire Lollipop experience has been smooth for me, though I did miss most of those issues that other users sometimes reported when Lollipop first rolled out.

12. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    With most of the other updates, I've encountered a few bugs but upto now this is running very smooth across all of the devices, the Samsung being no different

Are you thinking of getting the Samsung soon?

13. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Male
    I've upgraded to Lollipop android version, and to be honest I'm liking it so much. I think it's a better version than the previous one and I think it's going to be upgraded even more, I do know they fixed a lot of bugs, which is a good thing. I do know that for the LG phones, it's a downside because some people think the upgrade ruined their home buttons, which is a bit true to some. After all, it''s a great upgrade.

14. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    I'd you look at the range of devices that android covers now , I'd imagine its going to be very hard to release an update that works perfectly across the board.

I myself haven't experienced any issues but I'd imagine people with the older or lesser known devices might start to struggle the more advanced the android OS gets.

15. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Male
    True, it's because their phones specifications cannot handle what's advanced, but I think it's limited and not all phones do receive them, only the ones that Google allows them to get.

16. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    That's why I think it's important for companies to set specific deadlines as to how far they're going to support the older phones. There's no point in somebody buying an older device only to find out 2 months after that the manufacturer no longer supports any upgrades.

Customers need to be told what to expect and how long it will be supported.

17. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Male
    That's true. Wish they would actually understand that haha. You have to find some really smart leader in one of those companies but you don't find that anymore, it's not so common.

18. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    I do think a lot of these companies tend to lose track of what people want out of a device and concentrate more on making a profit no matter what.

19. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Male
    I agree, that actually is a bad thing when it comes to business, so I don't recommend it.

20. jfab

jfab Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Male
    My mom experienced it when she bought hers. I wonder if that's a factory defect.

21. John Matthew Cruz

Visitor

Far one of the best phones that i ever had perhaps my most recommended one