LG Optimus L70 Issues MMS messages

Discussion in 'LG' started by hunkydoire, May 16, 2015.

1. hunkydoire

hunkydoire New Member

Lately, I have been having issues with my LG Optimus L70. I know, its a cheap model to begin with, but it has so far served its purpose for me. Anyways, recently it started having issues with MMS messages. I cannot send picture messages or MMS messages, and I cannot receive them either. When it is trying to receive one, basically, the little blue wheel just turns and turns perpetually. It says that a multimedia message has arrived, and when I click 'download', it just downloads...and downloads...and downloads. Until I stop it. This is especially frustrating, because I can't even forward it to my email, because the phone cant forward a message that has not been received! Why is my phone doing this? What can I do to fix this issue?

2. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

It might (but probably isn't) an issue on the carrier's side. I'm assuming your service is set up for MMS messages, but have you checked to make sure that something didn't change in your plan? More likely, it's a software issue with the phone, and perhaps a factory reset would solve the problem, though it could obviously come back without warning later on after doing the factory reset.

3. CJ O'Neil

CJ O'Neil Visitor
    Visitor

My L70 does the same thing. I use Cricket and i dont think that its the service. I found that it was the SD Card that causes it. Once i unmounted my SD Card everything worked fine. Its a sorta a pain without the extra space but at least messaging works