LG Leon LTE (h340n)

Discussion in 'LG' started by Viorel2, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Viorel2

Viorel2 New Member

This is a pretty modest phone, but, for the price, I thinks it's pretty good. It has 1 GB ram, a Snapdragon 410 (adreno 306), 8 GB of internal memory (3,3 available for users), an 8 or a 5 mp rear camera (depending on variant), and a vga front camera. It has a pretty low resolution 4.5 inch screen (480 x 854), and only a 1900 mAh battery.

I"m quite pleased with it, but it does bother me that the guys from LG didn't bother to make the camera app very useful, and 3rd party camera apps cand change the ISO settings.

Does anybody else have this phone? Any thoughts? Issues?

teamxxlp likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Even for a sub-$100 price, the LG Leon appears to be lacking at first glance. The newer Moto E and Moto G devices have better specs without costing that much more than the Lon. The Moto E is probably available for the same price through some outlets, but the G could cost as much as double that price. The Leon LTE still seems like a decent budget device, but there are better options available today. It is nice that the device features Android Lollipop, though.

4. Viorel2

Viorel2 New Member

The Moto E 2nd gen is better, but only slightly (540 x 960 vs 480 x 854, and has corning glass). On the other hand the Moto E 2nd gen only records 720p videos (some sites say 1080p, so I'm not sure) and applies a ton of noise reduction to the images, making them look like a watercolor painting. The noise reduction issue is also present on the Moto G, or at least it was a while back, not sure if they fixed it, as they did fix it for the Moto X with a software update.

5. theGIJST

theGIJST New Member

Well, I have an LG Bello, which is basically a budget version of G2. However, when Leon came out recently I checked the specs because I thought it would be better than my phone, which it isn't. It does nothing than my current phone better, and my phone is quite cheap, too. My camera is 8 mpx and the front is a VGA, just like Leon, with the exception that a version of Leon has a 5 mpx camera. Bello has a faster processor by 0.1 or 0.2 ghz, has a bigger battery and a bigger screen. I feel like Leon is a budget version of a budget version of G2. But seriously, if you can get a Bello for around that price, I would suggest that. I've had it for over 6 months now, and I am very happy with the phone. But then again, they aren't that much different, so I'm sure Leon is a great phone, as well. That's how you do a budget phone, Samsung. ;)