LG G2: The best old flagship today?

Discussion in 'LG' started by FuZyOn, May 31, 2015.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I still have one laying around and I was really wondering if there's a big difference between this phone and the newest ones (G4, S6).
    Personally, this phone has only done good for me. It is still snappy and manages to work flawlessly. Since the phone is often sold on eBay for $150 nowadays, do you think that it is the best bang for your buck?

2. Loading...

3. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

I'd actually have to agree on that one. The G3 and G4 are obviously better phones, but the G2 is so cheap right now that it's still an incredible value compared to those devices, and even the older flagships of other companies. I consider the G2 a bit underrated as a flagship, but the goodwill from that device seemed to translate into the G3, considering I know tons of people that LOVE their G3. The G2 is still pretty great nonetheless.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I think the upgrade to the G3 from the G2 is really a waste of money, because it doesn't add a lot of value plus the G3 had some things poorly executed (qHD screen, overheating and so on).
    The G4 has a beautiful camera though, and that is kind of enough for someone to upgrade.

5. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

I like the qHD screen, but it's definitely a battery hog. I'm a fan of 1080p screens more so than anything above that. As for overheating, I think that's the major challenge with smartphones today besides battery issues. They all heat up, no matter the processor or other specs (some more than others). I'd jump from the G2 to the G4 without hesitation, but I can agree that G2 to G3 is less of a worthwhile upgrade.

6. Tibz1337

Tibz1337 New Member

Yeah, it's great. I have one and it can do anything my friend's S5, Note 3's and 4's can do. Maybe it doesn't look as good as some of the other popular phones, sure. But it's a fantastic daily driver with a 3000 mAh battery and lots of nifty features.