Is there a way to restore deleted videos?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Miaka_M, May 5, 2015.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_M Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

My younger brother was playing on my ipad and he deleted a video of mine that I had. I was very upset and I looked through the albums and even recently deleted folders, but it was not there. Sadly, I turned off the icloud backup and it didn't stream to my mac for some reason. Is there a way to get it back?

I did look up some ways on google, but they all required another application downloaded from the internet, I just don't know if it is actually legit.

2. Loading...

3. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

If it's not on the device any longer nor in iCloud, then the chances of getting that video back are slim to none. Even those apps probably won't get the job done, and I'd have to say that you need to keep backups of your videos from now on or lock the device to prevent such things from happening. You're probably lucky that you didn't lose more content from the device!

4. Miaka_M

Miaka_M Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I guess you're right and I will definitely take your advice. Its a shame that my video is now lost but there is nothing that I can do. The thing with iCloud is that now it needs a month subscription, or else I would've have definitely backed it up using iCloud, but I just don't have the find right now to pay like $20 a month. I am indeed lucky that I did not lose everything, maybe one day there will be a way to get it back without using another app?

5. kjonesm1

kjonesm1 Member

If I were you I would log into Google + orPicassa to see if they backed up to Google cloud storage. You would probably be surprised to know that a lot of people have their pics and vids on auto backup and don't even know it.

6. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Well, as long as you downloaded it from the iTunes store then you should still be able to download it again. It will either be stored in the cloud or pop up when you look at downloaded videos. If it's not there, then I would have to say that it's gone. You wouldn't be able to get it back, which stinks. Usually things will save in the cloud, but if not then it's gone.

7. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

This is the fear I have that my pictures and videos would be accidentally deleted, so I set all my devices on Auto back up! If I no longer like them, or when iCloud said that my storage is about full, then I go in there to delete them permanently. So set it to Auto back up is a great advice!