Is there a "best Android phone?"

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by devinametallic, Apr 15, 2015.

1. devinametallic

devinametallic New Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Female
    I am looking for a way out of the iPhone community and back into the Android community. Problem is, when I first got into android it was when it first came out. So obviously it was a crappy time. But now I'm hearing that they're stepping their game back up and I just see so many galaxies and I don't know which one would be the best. I honestly hate having to keep changing phones so much because of it sucking so much down the road. Any suggestions? Or is everyone else still experimenting too?

2. Loading...

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    Making the leap from Apple to android is a big step for anybody but I don't think you'll regret it. While the IPhone is certainly a brilliant device, if it wasn't it wouldn't be as popular as it is for one, with android you'll find while it just as a little different way of going about things but you'll soon pick it up.

The amount of android devices can be daunting at first, I'd probably recommend the HTC devices for a newcomer just switching over. I've owned nearly every make and model of device on this forum at one time or another (and that includes the iPhone's) and I've found the HTC's to probably be about the easiest to get to know.

Hope that helps a bit, any questions then I'll be happy to help if I can.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    Unless you specifically want a Samsung?

5. devinametallic

Apr 15, 2015
    Female
    I heard that HTC's are probably the best way to go. I don't have any specifics in mind. Maybe just the latest best Android phone. LOL

6. devinametallic

Apr 15, 2015
    Female
    And thank you, btw. LOL

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    I have a HTC ONE M9 and I'm happy enough with it. The HTC's have won best smartphone for the last couple of years off the experts but I think a lot of it comes down to trying before you buy if you can.

What's best for one person isn't always the best for another.

8. queenbellevue

queenbellevue New Member

Apr 19, 2015
    One of the coolest things about Android is that unlike the iPhone, there are TONS of choices available. If you didn't like the iPhone's screen size, or non-removable battery, or price, etc, then you'll definitely find something to suit you. I personally have been a loyal Samsung customer and have not yet regretted it.

9. Industry Post

Industry Post New Member

Apr 23, 2015
    My Samsung Galaxy S4 has lasted two years and hasn't slowed down at all. I love my phone and it always manages to play games at excellent quality. I wouldn't give it up for anything other than the S6 or better.

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    #9 pwarbi, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited: May 5, 2015
    The amount of devices that's available on the market today, definitely gives you a lot of choices to think about, sometimes you can have to much choice and it gets all confusing.

What I'd do is visit loacal stores and actually try the hand sets out as much as you can just to see what you prefer and start to narrow it down that way.

And keep checking in to this forum aswell of course to let us know how you go on.

11. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Male
    There's no such thing as a single best smartphone, and that's even true if you limit the list to Samsung devices. Some users are going to prefer the S6, others the S6 Edge, and then a number of people will choose the Note 4. So many options are available that it's impossible to single out one device or even a single manufacturer because everyone's needs are different.

12. japanesewaterbottle

japanesewaterbottle New Member

May 4, 2015
    I agree with teamxxip: there is no such thing as a single best Samsung smart phone. It depends what you're looking for in a phone, and how you plan to use it. For example, some people prefer larger screens while others prefer the portability that smaller phones provide.

13. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    #12 pwarbi, May 5, 2015
    Last edited: May 14, 2015
    While it is all very much down to the individual, what kind of things do we like on our phones to make them the best?

What are essential and what could you do without? Be interesting to see how in tune with the customers these manufacturers actually are.

14. GenevB

GenevB New Member

May 12, 2015
    Male
    I don't believe there is anything like that, every phone has its own upsides and downsides, but per total there are better phones to use for their specifications and better phones to use for they way of running the android OS.

15. AlexKid

AlexKid Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

May 16, 2015
    Developments move so fast in the smart phone space that it's hard to pinpoint which is the best device. Personally I'm a huge fan of the Samsung Galaxy S6 and I'll happily recommend it to anyone. However, it is an expensive phone and not everyone needs to spend so much. HTC's make some reputable phones at a far more affordable price, you can't go wrong there.

16. Katherine Jane

Katherine Jane New Member

Jun 26, 2015
    I don't think there's a specific Android phone that can beat all others. But I do think that Samsung offers a lot of smartphones that have received positive reviews more than any other brand. The Galaxy series, specifically, have been commended for smoothness, interface, features and customization properties. Whether you get an S4 or an S6, you're guaranteed a smooth performance and an incredible multi-tasking experience. Also, a lot of people have said that they prefer these Galaxy phones over iPhones.

17. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Jul 10, 2015
    Female
    Any Samsung android phone is actually pretty good. I am currently using a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime, and so far, I am quite happy with its speed, battery life, and performance.

18. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom New Member

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    From an objective viewpoint? I don't think so. People will always choose a phone that best suits them, and when they find "the one", they'll claim that it's the best phone ever. Until they find a better/newer one, that is. For example, I used to have a really slow and tiny Samsung Galaxy Mini, but it suited my needs at the time, so I thought that it was the best phone around. Only after switching to an S2 I noticed how slow the Mini was and how small it was in comparison.

19. briannagodess

briannagodess Member

Jul 10, 2015
    Female
    Most of my friends are either iphone or samsung users. So I think the best android phone would be samsung. Here in our country, samsung is quite affordable, even so in postpaid plans. Hence, there are a lot of people who own samsung. Iphone plans are really expensive here.

I have used my mom's samsung galaxy duos. And for its price, it is quite a gem. I love its camera especially when used in daylight. The touch screen response is also great. There are many samsung phones you can choose from that will suit your needs.

20. Nattybatty

Nattybatty New Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Female
    I find Iphone not very user friendly so, good choice in leaving iphone for android. (SWYPE is the best and you'll come to enjoy that feature). To get an android you don't necessarily have to get a Samsung, although I feel samsung is the better android out there. I've looked at other androids and I just feel the Samsung is more user friendly than other androids. I may be biased. I have the Samsung Mega. Go to a mobile store and look at all the android phones, the screens, the set up etc and make your decision.