Is the Xperia M4 worth 300 dollars?

Discussion in 'Sony' started by Serpes, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Serpes

Serpes New Member

The Japanese company states that the Sony Xperia M4 Aqua is a mid-range price telephone that is IP68 certified - dust and water proof up to 1.5 meter and 30 minutes. In terms of prince I don’t think they are aligned with their competitors. So is this phone worth 300 dollars?

2. Loading...

3. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Its main draw is the water resistance and the dust resistance above all else. The Snapdragon 615 is a decent processor, though the 800 and above will run circles around it. The design is definitely better than most midrange devices, so I'd have to say that it's well-worth a $300 price tag. $200 would be the perfect price, but I can't argue with much here. It's not a perfect device, but the ruggedness, design, and decent internals are good enough for that price.

4. vegito12

vegito12 New Member

I think, that is a good price tag any higher may not be worth it would have to work really well and also it is quite good as it can be resistant to water and dust is real good and this may have taken quite a bit of work. I reckon the Japanese company has done quite good in terms of technology and are good using at using computers and also making new devices as well. I like the design they used and also, has a good look and is impressive so is worth the price and not overpriced and worth spending the money and time into this.

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

If you want a phone that can stand up to a he'll of a lot more than most, if you need your phone to be robust then this is definitely the phone to go for.

Your not getting a top of the range high end model but it's certainly a device capable of doing most things.

300 might be on the high side, knock 50 off that price and it would make a big difference.

6. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I think it's a little high considering it's a mid-range phone & that for just over £100 more you could get a Z3 Compact. I think you're probably paying for the IP ratings but that doesn't really cut it. Knock £50 off and I'd say it's justifiable, but at it's current price I don't see the point when you could just save a little more and get a vastly superior phone.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I'd imagine that a lot of people would maybe use this has a work phone anyway, especially if your in a trade that makes it likely you'll be needing a handset that can take a bit of damage.

I do agree that it's a mid-range phone, but it is still capable of doing what anybody would need, just not as refined.

8. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Maybe I can't see the grey area between the black and white but I just can't understand why you would get this when you could get the Z3 compact for just a little more, but that's just me.

Thinking about it, it will probably appeal of parents looking to get a kid their first or second phone and as you say pwarbl, people getting it as a work phone.

As time goes on, lets say at the end of the year, how much do you think the price would have dropped?

9. jfab

jfab Member

I heard it's around that price. I'm not a fan of it to be honest. It kind of looks like a toy for me, especially with the blinking lights it has on its body.

10. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Truth be told, for a mid range phone it's very top heavy. And the fact that the price is $300 is normal for Sony. The products Sony make may not sell the most, but they do use the most high quality parts when making their products, phones included.

11. GenevB

GenevB New Member

From my point of view, it clearly is worth 300 and even more dollars. Truth be told, there are competitors out on the market who gives you less for a lot higher price, so I find 300$ a pretty good price for this phone performances.