Is the Snapdragon 808 the right choice?

Discussion in 'LG' started by teamxxlp, Apr 29, 2015.

1. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

The G Flex 2 and One M9 both featured the Snapdragon 810. Also, Samsung ditched the 810 in favor of its Exynos processors due to overheating and performance issues. It seems that LG realized similar issues with its own devices and instead chose the 808 for the LG G4. Do you think this was the right choice?

I think it was a smart decision and one that won't result in noticeably different performance in real world use, for the most part. Plus, the phone was optimized for the 808, but the GPU in the SOC is somewhat lackluster compared to what comes with the 810 standard.

2. Loading...

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I don't know what to think, Qualcomm really screwed up their chips this year. The GPU in the SD808 is weaker than the one in the SD805 so the G4 will probably lack performance in terms of games and screens.
    After all, LG had to choose what's best for them. The problems with the SD810 were very bad.

4. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member

The GPU difference between the 805 and 808 isn't that noticeable, though, especially in real world testing. If the 808 can perform anywhere near the 810 in real world applications without any of the 810's issues, then this will be a huge win for LG to say the least. Even with the lack of GPU performance, the 808 is still noticeably more powerful than the 800, which means it's going to tackle today's games and GPU-intensive tasks with ease.

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I dint think they really had an option is the answer to that question. The issues with the 810, I dont think LG would have even thought about going ahead and using it on their flagship device.

The last thing they'd want would be any bad publicity.