Is the note app as useful as they're advertising it?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by Amin, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Amin

Amin New Member

Hey all. I was quite impressed when I saw sumsong's ads all over the media showing Their note phones being specifically designed to make the essential act of taking notes a lot easier. So there is my question? is it true? do you use the app and the pen to take notes on a daily basis?

2. Loading...

3. k9cb

k9cb New Member

I actually have a Note 3, so I can only speak from my experience with that. I find the stylus and note taking stuff to have been kind of a novelty that lost some of it's appeal. It takes much longer for me to take notes or to write texts with the stylus than to just type them in. I also don't really like the note taking apps that come preinstalled. What I did find was that the stylus is excellent if you need to figure something out (like a math problem or a drawing) and don't have a pen and paper. You can also bring a calculator right on screen with it at the same time.

The stylus and larger screen size are excellent for drawing and playing games that require it.

For taking notes, I prefer Google Keep, right now. Simple and readable, which are really what I need most in terms of note taking.