Is the Nexus 7 the most worth it tablet?

Discussion in 'Google Nexus' started by FuZyOn, Apr 17, 2015.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I find that the Nexus 9 isn't something amazing and it certainly isn't worth the money.
    The Nexus 7 is still quite powerful in the hardware directory and it is still getting updated.

2. Loading...

3. Smokey

Smokey New Member

If you're in the market for a 7 inch tablet that needs unadulterated android experience, then I'd say go for it. If you can shell out a few more hundred bucks I would choose the Nvidia Shield over the Nexus 7 as it's a better tablet, more powerful, near stock android with minimal tweaks and gets the latest updates just like google, OTA. :) Plus it's made for gamers so if you're big on gaming on your tablets then it's definitely a better buy.

4. Kyler

Kyler Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

I don't think it is personally for me. There is no most worth it because it actually depends on your needs and what you're looking for. There's a variety that serves different needs and price range varies to each one, so in conclusion, you need to calculate what you actually need and then come up to what you think is good for you.

5. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member

Well, that used to be true of the Nexus 7, but that's not necessarily the case now. Quite a few tablets have come out since the Nexus 7 was released, and some of them are quite the little powerhouses. Amazon's Kindle Fire tablets continue to improve and are quite affordable. On top of that, a number of affordable Windows 8 tablets have hit the market that can compete with the Nexus 7. A hundred or two extra dollars can get you a tablet that blows the Nexus 7 out of the water, too.

Diane Lane likes this.
  6. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

True. But I think the Kindle Fire tablets are a bit old when it comes to these new tablets, don't you think? BUt you're absolutely right on the other points you made.