Is the LG G4 a worthy upgrade?

Discussion in 'LG' started by FuZyOn, Apr 18, 2015.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Apr 16, 2015
    Male
    The LG G3 seems like a very good phone and I don't see why everyone would upgrade to a LG G4 if they really don't need that extra 3-5 fps.
    Plus the processor on the LG G4 is suposeddly going to be slower than the Galaxy S6's.

2. Loading...

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    I think this is a question that everybody asks themselves when they're wondering if to upgrade or not on any device.

While the LG G4 on paper might not be as impressive as what people would have wanted, I still think if you've got the G3 then upgrading to the G4 would be a sensible option.

Having said that I'd only do that if I was due an upgrade on a contract and wouldn't have to pay extra, I certainly wouldn't be using my own hard earned money to get one.

4. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Male
    I think upgrading to the G4 has a lot of benefits in terms of specifications and software updates. While to others it might be a good option to upgrade due to the amount of RAM and CPU speed some applications may require of them to use, it would be a good option for them to upgrade, but if you don't really need to with the current specifications and you can run all you want on it without any problems and lack any speed, I don't see why you should upgrade? I hope I got my point across.

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    Everybody will have a different opinion I feel when it comes to the debate about upgrading any phone. If your happy with what your using now, and it would cost a lot to upgrade then it's probably not advisable unless your desperate to get your hands on the latest technology.

Kyler likes this.
  6. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Male
    Absolutely. I agree, it makes sense that it's up to preference, but also we should always be reasonable when we buy such things and upgrade.

7. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Male
    LG hasn't let that many details of the G4 slip out yet, and we're going to find out exactly what the device is all about later today. the fact is that LG has a history of upping the bar with its smartphones, at least its main flagship line. The G2 was a great device, and the G3 was incredible. I'm willing to bet they'll put out something amazing with the G4 that competes well against current flagship devices. They're already sitting pretty in 2015 with the G Flex 2, which isn't a huge seller, but it's a flashy, well-known device.

I assume the G4 will be a worthy upgrade, though not a revolutionary device.

8. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Male
    Maybe in a few months it could be a worthy upgrade. People could wait a little bit more when the prices drop a little, since when it's new, or latest product in the G series, it could be a bit expensive at the moment.

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    That's a big issue with any new device. What price is it going to retail at?

People can mainly only upgrade now when their contract expires, the devices are to expensive to buy outright for most

10. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Male
    Absolutely, but that is what sucks though. It's a bit unfair to think about it.

11. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    I think the actual phone operator's are doing what they can to help, subsidising the price with longer contracts etc but even then the prices can be too much for a lot of people.

While it's important for manufacturers to make a profit, they also have to look at the bigger picture and making the devices cheaper will lead to more sales.

12. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Male
    They can't all of the time make it cheaper though, I think there's a limit. If their labour and all of the resources they've used to create 1000 phones, costed them about 1M (An example, don't take it literally), then they can't sell 1000 phones for 999M, it would be a loss, this is why they need to calculate profits, how much it costs to make and make a price that will be good in order to pay the manufacturers.

13. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    I'm not saying that companies should be selling phones that cheap!that they make a loss, I'm sure though that the profit margin could be cut a little. By doing that, that may also increase the amount of sales so the manufacturer will see a rise in the percentage of the market it commands.

14. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Male
    That is true, it still does have consequences of needing more hours of production of phones, more workers and more effort. I think they can make it because I know a couple of phone brands out there, which are not so popular, but have insanely good specifications for a really cheap price. I think it would make sense but the problem relies on what the company promises its workers, for them to be paid. If their expectations are high and wouldn't work otherwise, it's a problem.