Is T-Mobile Galaxy S6 working with Verizon SIM card?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by Charlie, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Charlie

Charlie Member

Heey,

I remember the SIM card from Nexus 6 used to work from Verizon to T-Mobile with no restrictions or problems. Has anyone tested out if it is actually working for the Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge as well?

That would be amazing.

2. Loading...

3. IonelaBoss

IonelaBoss New Member

I am 99.9% positive this will not work.

Every Nexus 6 was identical in terms of carrier compatibility, the only difference between devices was the color and its storage capacity.

Samsung has never done one model for all carriers, instead they choose to make each version specific to that carriers frequencies/technology.

4. Mohammed

Mohammed Member

If you want a phone that works on Verizon and Tmobile 100% your only 2 options are the Nexus 6 and the iPhone.

5. problemphone

problemphone New Member

Indeed, that would be an interesting fact.

I will try it with the Galaxy S6 after I receive it tomorrow. My colleague has Verizon, so I will just plug in his SIM to test if the service works with the T-Mobile Galaxy S6 on Verizon network.

6. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Well, you forgot about the Nexus 5, which contains all of the bands and radios for the main carriers in the United States, too!

Samsung likely created separate GSM and CDMA versions of the S6/S6 Edge, and that's no surprise considering that's how the company has always done things. A T-Mobile S6 is going to pop an error for a Verizon SIM card, especially if the device is still locked to T-Mobile, though that doesn't really matter or make a difference if the device is unlocked. Google with the Nexus devices and Apple with most of the iPhones have always gotten it right by offering one device that works on CDMA and GSM bands.