Is samsung Galaxy s6 smoother than iphone6?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by geobingshoot, Jun 13, 2015.

1. geobingshoot

geobingshoot New Member

Its been 3 months with iphone 6 still loving it but i never kept any phone for long time(i can if im choosing downgrade decision)
    Mainly i love iphone because its smoother no crash and stutter things like Android, im not saying wrong to android, may be now android got smoother by update..
    Anwyays,
    My iphone is still new but do you think i need to upgrade to samsung galaxy s6,
    I only need a smoother phone i dont care how big smartphone size is..
    I never saw and never used galaxy s6 i cant judge about it,
    I just want smoother phone like iphone,
    So is going iphone to s6 is downgrade option? Especially user like me? Should i keep my iphone if its more smoother than s6?

2. Loading...

3. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Personally, I think android provides a much better user experience than iOS. Mainly due to the fact that android is much more customizable, and much easier to transfer data to than iOS.

While I am not a iPhone owner, I have played with them numerous times in stores. I have also played with the SGS6 too. It all comes down to which phone you like better as user experience is very personal. But I can honestly say that the latest version of Touchwiz is allot smoother than it's previous incarnations.

4. tarverten

tarverten Member

IPhone do what they do perfectly.

It the things that they won't let you do that makes then a no go for me.

5. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

From my personal experience, iPhone doesn't offer a smoother interface than Android at all, at least not when we're talking about Android flagships. I use a lot of google apps (Youtube, Google Now, Maps, etc.) and they were always crashing on my 4s. My dad's 5s isn't much better either; and even an iPhone will have stutters when you try booting heavy apps or run it through obstacle courses.

My Note 4 on the other hand has yet to crash an app from what I remember. Sure it sometimes has Touchwiz lag here and there, but the S6 is quite a bit better at that. You can also completely change how Android looks/feels though developer options and/or launchers as well, providing nearly limitless options. Overall I would say that the S6 is an upgrade from the iPhone 6 and it will provide you with just as smooth an experience. Not to mention it has better battery life and screen resolution as well.

Diane Lane likes this.
  6. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay New Member

Yeah, I've had my Note 4 N910C for about 3 days now and I've barely noticed any lags in the OS or when I'm doing anything on it. The only problems I've encountered thus far is that some of my old games like Hardwood Solitaire and Street Fighter IV won't run or install on it.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

One of the reasons that I changed to android was because I think iOS is getting old now and Apple don't seem to be addressing the issue.

For me android is a lot slicker than it used to be and for that fact alone, I wouldn't be buying an iPhone again any time soon.

Diane Lane and teamxxlp like this.
  8. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I think that there isn't a difference in performance between the iPhone 6 and the Galaxy S6. That being said, you should really look into the perks/cons of each ecosystem and decide what's best for you.

teamxxlp likes this.
  9. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member

Agreed. We're at the point where even large differences in benchmarks/hardware doesn't make much of a different in real world use. Both phones are going to handle tasks as well as people need them do, depending upon whether a person prefers the Android or iOS ecosystem. These questions are stupid because there is no right or wrong answer because benchmarks/hardware/other factors don't tell the whole story. Millions of people using iOS aren't swayed by hardware differences, and there's a reason for that.

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

When it comes to the performance of a device, I do think it's true that people aren't really interested in specs, if a phone works well for what they need, and it does everything they want it to do, then people are happy sticking with what they've got.

teamxxlp likes this.
  11. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

In terms of specifications, I think so. I mean Apple is mostly just for the brand that you're paying, or perhaps the mark but I would really encourage those to look at it in a broader perspective. I think it is smoother in terms of design and functionality due to specifications and hardware, but in real world usage, the only difference is that's an Android and that's an iOS, which again leads to a broader debate to what this thing can do as well as the other.

12. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member

For the longest time, Apple definitely had the best design, functionality, and features in its OS (outside of customization). Android has closed that gap significantly in the last couple years. I think it's more of a testament to how far ahead of the game the iPhone and iOS have been since their inception. Sure, Apple might be starting to slow down the refinements and major improvements, but it's still impressive how long the operating system has been considered superior to Android in various ways.

And plus, look at it this way. Apple hasn't even introduced devices with 2GB of RAM yet, but the iPhone runs smooth as butter. iOS fan or not, it's all impressive.

pwarbi likes this.
  13. AlexKid

AlexKid Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Android has improved tremendously, especially over the past 18 months. When we started developing apps, we would not even consider Android because it was a bit of a mess in it's early days. We jumped into iOS straight away and have generally been happy with Apple's updates up to last year. Nowadays, Android offers a superior experience and you can bet that the Galaxy 6 offers both smoothness and versatility. The iPhone 6 is clearly in second place these days.

14. Katherine Jane

Katherine Jane New Member

It actually just depends on you and your preferences. If you want smoothness on customization, you should definitely go for S6. Design-wise and functionality-wise though, iPhone is still the better one for me. Both phones have been praised for performance. Some commend Android for its expertise on multi-tasking. Some commend Apple for its features and such. Based from experience though, iPhone runs smoother for me in general, although that may only be because I had an S4, not an S6. My friend, on the other hand, says she didn't experience any lags on her S6, thus preferring it over iPhone 6. She also says it's more versatile than iPhone.

15. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

It seems my tech-oriented friends prefer android devices these days. Apple does have sleek products, in my opinion, but they do have their limitations, and in some respects, Apple seems to be content to rest on their laurels and let android devices take the lead. Apple seems content with the customer base they have, and don't seem to be doing much to attract different types of customers, so I guess it's working for them.

16. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom New Member

It depends on what kind of "smoothness" you're looking for. I, for one, find the S6 more suitable to my needs, and so do my friends. Why? Because we like open software with more capabilities.

If you don't want any of that and want more quality apps in the store (and a prettier design), then you should go for the iPhone 6.

Diane Lane likes this.
  17. akko

akko New Member

Both phones have their advantages and disadvantages in my opinion. The iPhone has been marketed greatly by Apple and while it has a nice and slick look, I believe that the Samsung Galaxy S6 has a better usage. For example, the touchscreen has a much more reactive sensor and is easier to use. It is however heavier in weight compared to the iPhone.