Is Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge worth buying?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by roseblanchgte, Jun 1, 2015.

1. roseblanchgte

roseblanchgte New Member

Hey guys. I'm planning to buy an S6 or S6 edge but I'm also not a kind of person who throws the money away on unimportant stuff. I know that the Edge is more expensive so I wonder if it has any outstanding features that will make it considerably better than the S6 and therefore, worth spending more money.

2. Loading...

3. shanetx1969

shanetx1969 New Member

Thank you for this thread. I am also interested in purchasing either the S6 or the S6 Edge. I have been pretty happy with my Samsung 5, but think it is time to upgrade. Generally speaking, I have always liked Samsung products. So I would= also appreciate any feedback in regards to this product.

4. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

i got the s6 edge on friday and i love it the edges look nice and when its on its face the color of one of your contacts u choose will glow when its face down and you don't need a replaceable battery slot bc it has fast charging that u can go 5% to half a battery in 10 mins and the s6 will let you change your themes only difference between the s6 and the edge is the battery the s6 is 2550 mAh and the edge is 2600 and bad about the edge theirs not many cases for it like otterbox but the new s6 is hard to break bc of the Gorilla Glass 4 and the sides are aluminum frame that airplanes are made out of. i got the speck candyshell for my edge that made out of hard plastic and rubber line grips if you have the money get one i would get the edge it makes watching videos nice but if you don't want to pay 100 more then get s6 its does the samething it doesn't have the people edge color stuff and facedown glow when someone is calling or text and it won't have the texts on the edge when the screen is off oh btw the s6 has a better fingerprint scanner

5. tarverten

tarverten Member

Of course. A phone that looks like jewel is the best way to describe the new s6 edge by Samsung. The metal and glass cover makes it looks much different than anything that you have ever seen before. The finish and fit are too perfect to be described in words. The metal edges of the phone are darker than the rest of it which gives a beautiful light and dark combination that makes it look very classy. For more details you can visit Samsung India site.

6. shanetx1969

shanetx1969 New Member

Thank you all for the quick responses. Alright, now I am getting excited about possibly getting the Edge! It is great to hear that watching videos on the Edge is nice. And hopefully there will be more case choices soon. There always seems to be a lag in cases. I am not sure why this is. I am also interested in size comparison between my Samsung 5 and the Edge. Thanks again for your help.

7. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I'd say no. The S6 is by far a DOWNGRADE from the S5. Anybody who says otherwise isn't paying attention.

S5: 2.5Ghz CPU
    S6: 2.1Ghz CPU

S5: Waterproof
    S6: Not

S5: Expandable Memory
    S6: You get what you get

S5: Replaceable Battery
    S6: Integrated battery
    The S6's integrated battery also has less capacity at 2550mAh than the S5's 2800mAh battery!

Unless your sold on the edge screen (good luck if you break that!) or the metal case it's a total downgrade. Get an S5 now that their cheaper or go with a HTC ONE M9.

8. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay New Member

1. It has a 64 bit 14nm processor, which is by far much better than Samsung's 801. The 14nm processor is much more battery efficient and more powerful at the same time.
    2. How often do you go to swimming pools? The Galaxy S6 will be fine with fog, but otherwise, get a waterproof case.
    3. SD cards slow the phones down, and the cheaper it is, usually the slower it gets. Microsoft, i believe, gives you a cloud storage for free for one or two years.
    4. The battery life on the s6 edge is on par or better than the s5 due to energy efficiency.
    Drop tests prove that the s6 edge is durable mainly because of the gorilla glass 4.
    Besides, you get lighter skin and more ram on the s6 than the s5. The s5 will LAG

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

On the whole I think the edge probably is worth paying the extra money for. While a lot of people might not notice much of a difference between the two, if you have the option and the money available then the edge is a slightly better phone.

10. shanetx1969

shanetx1969 New Member

I would agree with your assessment. I have been doing some research and I really like this phone. The Edge appears to be the better phone. So being $100 more is worth it to me in the long haul. Something that I have always loved about the Samsung phones is the quality of the camera. In my opinion it is far superior to my wife's new IPhone.

11. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

I agree. Specifications and a little bit of design components differ.

12. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

It depends on how you like the curved screen. I suggest you go to a shop and see for yourself how the phone feels in your hand as that will give you the best idea.
    I personally like the Edge, but it's not a vital feature.

13. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member

Aside from other hardware and design aspects, my problem with the S6 Edge is the fact that the edges do nothing. Displaying the time along the edge or the whole contact lights thing doesn't count as an extra functionality for me. The edges are useless, except for giving you some bragging rights on the design. I've found the S6 Edge uncomfortable to hold, too. If you want a good-looking design gimmick and great hardware otherwise, then it's worth picking up. It is a little on the expensive side, though.

14. llfsa

llfsa New Member

I think your post speaks for itself OP. While I won't go as far as saying that the Edge is a gimmick it's definitely something you can easily live without and that will save you a few extra bucks.

15. AceOfSp4D3s

AceOfSp4D3s New Member

This post is so useful! I was also considering buying a new S6 Edge, but couldn't really tell if it was worth it or not. Reading all the comments, I still have that doubt, but at least I have some external opinion. I was also trying to compare the S6 to the Xperia Z3 and the LG G4, but I think I'll stick to Samsung. I guess now I have to decide between the S6 and the Edge version.

16. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

If I had the choice between the Samsung and the other devices you mentioned, I'd also stick to the Samsung S6 aswell.

That's not to say that the other two phones won't be good enough for you, they're just nowhere near as good as the S6 in my opinion. If cost is an issue, the other devices will be cheaper but if a Samsung is in your budget, then it's definitely the phone to get at the moment.