Is M8 getting Sense 7 upgrade?

Discussion in 'HTC' started by Smokey, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Smokey

Smokey New Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Male
    Do you think the M8 will be getting the Sense 7.0 upgrade? I've read that a source close to HTC says M8 owners will be getting Sense 7.0 in a future update but i'm not sure if that's entirely true. I hope we do as Sense 7 looks cleaner IMO. What are your thoughts on it? Are you happy with still running Sense 6 on top of Lollipop?

2. Loading...

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    I think up to now HTC have been pretty good at filtering the latest technology down to the older phones. You can still download lollipop onto the M7 for example so I wouldn't have too many worries I wouldn't have thought.

The M8 is still a relatively new phone aswell don't forget so HTC won't be forgetting about it just yet.

Smokey likes this.
  4. Smokey

Smokey New Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Male
    I agree. I think it will, especially since things like Sense Home and the Lock Screen have recently been updated. It was updated previously just before the lollipop upgrade, so i'm inclined to believe that Sense 7.0 is right around the corner for the M8. :)

So i'm pretty sure that's a good sign about the M8 getting the Sense 7 upgrade and features soon. :)

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    HTC certainly do like to update a lot. It seems that everyday just recently, there's a new update to download. I'm assuming these are just bug fixes rather than actually changes to certain applications.

Smokey likes this.
  6. Smokey

Smokey New Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Male
    Still nothing yet but I figured they take their time with their upgrades. I really do hope to see Sense 7 on the M8. I'm not ready to upgrade to the M9 and will more than likely skip it until the M10 (or MX?) comes out as i'm pretty happy with my M8. I just hope to get the latest Sense update with UI tweaks. :)

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    HTC will no doubt upgrade the M8 with the latest version of sense, but the question is will you actually use it? Me and a lot of other people, the first thing we do is turn the sense function off anyway, it's mostly just a bit of a gimmick anyway in my opinion and the device runs a lot smoother with it turned off.

Smokey likes this.
  8. Smokey

Smokey New Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Male
    I like the skin and functions sense brings. I would probably use it, yes. :) I'm excited to see how it'd run on the M8 and it's definitely worth trying IMO. I had no issues with Sense 6 so I don't see me not liking Sense 7 if I'm honest. :)

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    I think sense seems to be an acquired taste. You either like it or you hate it. I've never really been a fan to be honest, even though I've had HTC devices for a number of years now.