Is Lumia the phone of the future?

Discussion in 'Lumia' started by DCMY, May 1, 2015.

1. DCMY

DCMY Visitor
    Visitor

Hello everyone,

I think that Nokia Lumia is one great advancement in smartphone technology. The use of a Windows is not only more practical but allows you to work on it like it is a personal computer. I have had a Nokia Lumina 925 for about 6 months and I have only had positive experiences with it. Updates make sure the system is stable and give the user more capabilities. The operating system is simple to use and fast. I have had both iPhones and Android phones before and a lot of them has freezing issues. I have had only a couple of such experiences with my phone in 6 months. I am very pleased with the battery life and the general usability of the phone. Most phones have amazing cameras and they have really helped me capture special moments. The phone has a relatively large internal memory (16 GB) and if that's not enough the transfer to PC or cloud is easy. Nokia has a good selection of pre-installed apps which are actually useful (Maps, Health and fitness...),

I think Microsoft suffered greatly because they were not so competitive on the smartphone market and now they are trying to get back. As a result we have relatively cheap and good phones. If it keeps on going like this, who knows how popular they will be.

kaplan matthew likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Meh. Microsoft has a lot going against its smartphone ventures. If the company manages to get a unified experience with Windows 10 across all devices, then things might change to some degree. Windows 10 and Lumia could be the future of smartphones, but a lot is going to have to go right for that to happen. As it stands now, Microsoft is a non-factor when it comes to smartphones because the company has less than 5% of a GIGANTIC market.

4. JohnBeaulieu

JohnBeaulieu Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Nothing truly great has been done with these models as yet. Nothing truly innovative or exciting. They are barely treading water in the market.

5. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Unifying Windows 10 across mobile and desktops would make a huge difference for the platform. I read a recent piece that mentioned that Microsoft had the opportunity to crush the smartphone market years ago but squandered it with poor devices. I believe that, though Windows Phone OS has more opportunity to innovate features than iOS and Android moving forward.

6. Se7en

Se7en New Member

I don't believe Lumia is phone of future. Windows compared with Android - android gives you more control over system itself. Windows is missing many important features. I think Android is the future, especially now with Cyanogen mod.

7. Viorel2

Viorel2 New Member

The Pureview ones look pretty good in terms of camera (I haven't tried one, just what I've seen online), but other than that I pretty much agree with you. I don't really get DCMY's point to be honest.

8. JohnBeaulieu

JohnBeaulieu Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Yeah, if I want a nice camera I'll buy a nice camera. Smart phone cameras are a nice convenience and they have improved a lot over the years but not enough to justify the price increase on models with decent cameras. Not enough for me anyway.

9. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom New Member

Advancement in technology? My father owns a newer model, running Windows Phone 8.1 and it has a lot of shortcomings! For example, you can't change one single tile's color, or you can't set a missed call reminder. Given that my father works in a loud environment, he'd love if the phone would beep or light up if he had a missed call. Could do that on Android since 2010, can't do that on Windows in the year 2015.

10. kaplan matthew

kaplan matthew New Member

Its like microsoft are actually rfound to be useful, but the thing is that it does not have all of the facilities that android have :(
    I am thinking to get back to the android or iphone now :oops:

11. MarvinJYuhas

MarvinJYuhas New Member

According to me, Android has the more bright future than windows Lumia. It is offering more features that can be easily handled by any individual.:)