Is it worth upgrading to IOS 8.3?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Susimi, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I'm just wondering what the benefits of IOS 8 are and how people rate it. I'm still using a version of IOS 7 and find it to be that more better looking and easier for me to use, like less clutter and stuff.

What's everyone's opinion on IOS 8?

2. Loading...

3. Kyler

Kyler Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Hmm, I'm not that interested in iOS 8, in fact, I'm not even interested in iOS at all because I think it doesn't compare at all with android. I personally think that Apple isn't doing such a great job when it comes in comparison with other operating systems on the market.

4. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I like the interface on the iPhone but I do miss the "freedom" of an android phone, as in the freedom to do as you wish with files such as music without having to go through hoops to put them on the phone.

I've liked the use of my iPhone but am looking forward to going back to android later this year.

Momin Wasim likes this.
  5. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member

Well, then why would you respond to someone asking for opinions from iOS 8 users? Also, millions of iPhone users would say that you're wrong about iOS and Android. The fact is that iOS is far easier to use than Android, even though you lose the customization aspect.

iOS 8 does have its bugs, and not all of them have been fixed yet. Still, it runs even more smoothly than iOS 7 when everything is working properly. There aren't a ton of huge differences as far as I'm concerned, and I could use either iOS 7 or 8 without an issue.

Momin Wasim likes this.
  6. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

He was asking "everyone's" opinion if you look at what he said. Not to be mean or anything, I'm not trying to have a debate here, I've just had my opinion put out there. I hope you don't be disrespectful back to me because I'm just saying my opinion, as he requested. I have used iOS before, but not necessarily iOS 8, and when he said everyone's opinion, I'm eligible to comment on it :p I hope I didn't anger you or something, I respect your opinion, of course, if you respect me enough to respect mine.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I've used iOS ASWELL as android so I'll share my opinion

And that is that Apple at the moment, are still trying to iron out all the bugs in iOS still. 8 will be better when it's sorted but at the moment 7 is more the finnished article and I'd rely on that a lot more for now.

8. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Is there any way to downgrade to a different iOS on an apple phone? I'm in two minds about upgrading to "8" and then downgrading back to "7" if I don't like it all that much but I've a feeling you'd need to do a lot of stuff similar to jailbreaking to do it?

9. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

I think there is a way, but you'd have to do it on iTunes, and no it's not illegal, it's all free and you can get the software from trusted websites, meaning the software to be downloaded into your phone.

10. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Thanks Kyler. I'll have a little check on iTunes and see what I can find there.

11. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

You also need to search, either on YouTube or on Google of the actual iOS version you're looking for. You have to type in something like iOS 8 installation software original, or something like that, make sure you get an original and safe one.

12. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

As with any upgrade that becomes available, I always recommend that people get it. All upgrades that get released also provide new security updates so it's definitely worth doing.

Kyler likes this.
  13. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

That's right. It's also decided by the people who own Android to send out updates to certain phones, it's necessary because it fixes bugs and certain vulnerabilities.

14. jfab

jfab Member

Without a doubt, I say yes. Your phone will work faster. It happened to me.

15. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

What phone do you own?

16. westmixxin

westmixxin New Member

Personally I have used both systems and android tends to be, very glitchy after a long time gives. I have had android phones before and after about maybe a year to six months they start to operate very glitching kind of like a Windows PC. When you're working with an iPhone operating system is seamless and you never have to worry about glitches.

17. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

Haha I believe this statement to be a little bit more biased without facts.

18. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

My updates were set on automatic and when there is a new version, my phone did it on its own when I plugged in to charge the battery. Recent updates had thrown me for a loop and I wish I know that I didn't have to updates :(

19. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

That's sad but it's okay. It happens sometimes and good thing you learnt a lesson. I think you can downgrade though, it is possible but I'm not sure if its legal you'd have to look it up.

20. blumenkranz

blumenkranz New Member

I have it and I don't think it was really worth it. I used to have 8.1.2 and updated to fix phone carrier issues (and it didn't) and now I miss my jailbreak. So if you have ios7, keep it and jailbreak it until 8.3 has a jail-broken release. I can't remember off the top of my head what features ios8 offers, but you aren't missing out on many apps to my knowledge. And no, jailbreaking isn't illegal. There was a DMCA hearing on it recently, but that's another topic I suppose. I've considered switching to Android myself due to the extremely long wait between jailbreak releases.

In general I'd say not really worth it for the 4s.

21. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

That's an honest review I may say. Thank you. I think you're absolutely right but only one thing about jailbreaking, while your standard or thoughts that it isn't illegal, it doesn't affect the consequences of what Apple does. If your Apple product is jailbroke, it could ruin warranty and the phone to be reset.