Is anyone buying the New Iphone 7 in september?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by introspectivgroup, Apr 25, 2015.

1. introspectivgroup

introspectivgroup New Member

I am personally bummed out about the new release of the Iphone 7. Beacause I just bought the 6. I feel like I cannot keep up with the times lol. Is anyone getting the Iphone 7. If so, why are you purchasing it. Are there new reports of awesomeness?

2. Loading...

3. chevypowell

chevypowell Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Lol, Personally I won't buy it. The S6 just came out and that's the phone I'll purchase. Apple needs to chill. :)

4. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Well, everything about the next iPhone is pure conjecture at this point with tons of rumors flying around. It's guaranteed that another phone(s) is going to be released by Apple in September 2015. Nobody's sure if it's going to be called the iPhone 6C, 6S, or 7, though. Some people think that three models are going to be released, and some Apple Watch features might be built into the device. It's going to have to feature a new processor (like always) and a few extra in order to compete with Samsung.

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I would imagine the next step would be a variant on the 6, the same way Apple as released all their other devices.

They seem to stick to the same calender so I'd imagine the iPhone 6c will be the next one.

6. Aquar

Aquar New Member

Haha I still have the 5 so I can't keep up at all. I hope I can keep the 5 without apps going defunct. I know the stock music app kinda sucks because I'm on the 5 but I'm counting that nothing else will follow suit. While I love having an Iphone, I really hate how they almost force you to keep buying new ones. If I didn't like the app store so much, maybe I'd cave in and get an Android.

7. jfab

jfab Member

The Apple team really doesn't sleep. Next thing we know, they're already on their 10th release! I think I'm sticking to my iPhone 6 Plus for now. I'm going to wait until it goes up to the 10th.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

While I'm sure nobody minds progress, sometimes it feels like manufacturer's make new devices just for the sake if it.

Is the 6 really THAT much different from the 5? Enough to justify bringing out a new device? Possibly not and I think every 2 years is more than enough, not twice a year as some seem to be doing these days anyway.

9. Miaka_M

Miaka_M Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I've been holding up purchasing my iphone right now because I want to see what the new release will bring. But that being said, I'd have to purchase the phone with my own money so I'm hoping on purchasing the current 6 when that phone comes out. We know that as one comes out, the price of the other goes down. I'm hoping for this to happen, so I'm waiting.

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

A lot of people usually only update their devices every couple of years at the most so why manufacturers still bring out new devices a couple if times a year is beyond me. It's clearly just to try and make as much money as they can.

11. blumenkranz

blumenkranz New Member

Was it even confirmed that there would be a 7? I mean, I'm sure it'll inevitably happen, but at least wait for news first :p I'd think they'd go for a 6s or 6c next. Which brings into question, if they have two sizes for phones now, would you got it a 6s+? A 6c+?

12. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

I don't think I would be buying anything that comes out brand new. You do realize, a lot of the things that are brand new and just have been released recently, they are vulnerable to a lot of bugs showing up. You know, if you look at the history of technology, whatever it is, you may find a lot of vulnerabilities starting to show up as users buy it. I would recommend you waiting a little bit before you actually buy the iPhone 7, it wouldn't be a good idea to buy it so fast due to prices, compatibility and vulnerabilities. Waiting a little bit won't hurt. You also might want to check out the market on the Android phones, you might find a better one for a much lower price in terms of specifications and hardware related things.

13. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Knowing Apple I have no doubt that we will see another variation on the iPhone coming along sooner rather than later. The thing with a lot of these devices though, is there isn't that much difference. People just want the latest update, even though they might not actually be any better than the ones they have already got.

14. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Since I'm testing phones I'll probably have it at release but I don't know if I would buy it as a regular costumer. The past couple of generations are holding up pretty well so unless the iPhone 6S/7 is going to have big improvements hardware-wise I wouldn't consider it.

15. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I honestly doubt that they will make an iPhone 7 this year. I mean when you look at how they release the phones, they will still have to make the iPhone 6s and 6s plus. I would assume that the 7 is coming out in 2016 or late 2015. I have heard rumors, but no one really know for sure what the new iPhones will bring. I'm just stating what Apple has done with most of the other phones they have made.

16. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

If Apple do bring out the 7 this year and not a variant on the 6, there will be a lot of people annoyed by the decision.

Updating a device every 6 months is already pushing people to the limit so if they decide to upgrade the entire phone instead, I can see Apple losing quite a lot of followers.

17. AlexKid

AlexKid Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Very likely that I'll have to pick up an iPhone 7. If I don't pick it up in September, will probably get it in October or November. Not really keen on purchasing it but I've got a few apps coming out and I will need to test for compatibility. Because of my work I'm always purchasing new phones and keeping some of the older ones around. Not something I'm particularly happy about, I hope my development partner will chip in this time.

18. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

When the iPhone7 is released I wouldn't have thought that it will impact on many of the apps around at the moment. Comparability is a massive issue for Apple, for most manufacturers in fact and so unless Apple decide to completely overhaul the iOS, and it's unlikely they will, I'd imagine your apps will work fine on the new device.

19. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Goodness gracious, the iPhone 6 didn't even have enough time on the market yet as far as I know! What are they thinking? That people who just bought the iPhone 6 will drop it and buy the new iPhone 7? Why don't they give it a rest and let the iPhone 6 settled for a while?

I will keep my iPhone 5 for as long as I could; nothing is wrong with it now!

20. allison1499

allison1499 New Member

I did not purchase the 6 when it came out because I still had a year left on my contract, and did not want to pay to end early. My contract should be up just in time to get the newest iPhone model that comes out in September. I am excited to see what new technology Apple brings to the table again! I haven't heard many rumors about the new phone, although it is supposed to look about the same as a 6.