Is Android 5.0 worth to be installed on my Moto ?

Discussion in 'Moto' started by Sofia, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Sofia

Sofia Member

Hello ! I`m thinking if I should stay on 4.4.4 or upgrade my moto x to 5.0 ...Seems like 4.4.4 was a solid build and I don't really see a lot of benefit on 5.0.
    What do all of you Moto X owners think, is 5.0 worth it or I should stay on 4.4.4 ?

2. Loading...

3. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

If you're happy with Android KitKat, then you'll be fine sticking with it for another year or so. However, it will become outdated sooner rather than later, and Lollipop does have some nice features and performance improvements. Android 5.0 is a great upgrade now that most of the bugs have been ironed out. You don't have to upgrade now, but you might find the upgrade a better idea as time goes on and more apps become optimized for Lollipop rather than KitKat.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I'd have to recommend always updating to the latest version of android as soon as you can. While it can be a pain to get used to a different version, it does also come with a lot of security updates aswell so it probably worth doing just for that more than anything else.

5. joshposh

joshposh Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

If you are getting satisfactory performance with your current settings, then I suggest you just leave it as is. Most of the time people will complain about programs not working anymore with upgrades. If it isn't broken, don't try to fix it.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

While I usually agree with the 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' rule, but when it comes to software updates then I have to stick with my original thought's on this I think, simply because it fixes any bugs and stability issues and also any new security patches so I always upgrade.

Think everybody is different though when it comes to updating anything, not just smartphones, some people do it religiously, others only when they really have to.