iPhone hardware

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Beny, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Beny

Beny Member

Mar 26, 2015
    Male
    About two weeks ago I have noticed something. I`m not able to text, the screen frezes on the page and when double clicking th home button to close apps, same issue. When I go into my Messages app, it shows up as a blank white page sometimes. I can`t call anyone and my battery is drastically draining.... It`s a hardware problem ?

2. Loading...

3. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Male
    No, most of that sounds like a software problem because it sounds like iOS is freaking out. You need to factory reset your device to see if that solves the problem. Otherwise, more drastic measures might need to be taken, and there's always the chance that it is indeed a hardware problem, which would necessitate repairs or an entirely new device.

4. jfab

jfab Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Male
    I think it's also a software problem. Did you Jailbreak your phone?

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    As the other posts have said, this sounds more like a software issue rather than hardware and so if that's the case, all is not lost.

With any software issues, they're pretty easily fixed but without more specific details then it's hard to say what the specific issue night be.

General advice is to uninstall the apps that are affected and also doing a soft reset, this usually works.

6. DaParkourAce

DaParkourAce Visitor
    Visitor

7. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Male
    To me it sounds like a buggy glitched software, or somehting has been implemented into your software. It could be an error of calculation through the CPU but it's unlikely. Try factory reset, if it still occurs, you might want to take it back to the shop, unless.. it's jailbroke then it's completely dead.

8. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

May 17, 2015
    Female
    I think you should do a factory reset to make sure. It is a pain but it might work and save you lots of money buying new one. If it doesn't work, take it to a repair shop. Those guys know what they are doing, and usually give you a warranty of 30 days at least.

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    Just to bump the thread a little, did you ever resolve tho issue, if so could you maybe explain how you went about this? Was it a software issue or did you have to get the device itself looked at?