IPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by introspectivgroup, May 6, 2015.

1. introspectivgroup

introspectivgroup New Member

I would like to know what you favorite feature is on the IPhone 6. I am trying to get my friend to see how much better it is to have an Iphone vs a droid. Because I am not fully aware of all the features. So, what cool things have you discovered about you IPhone 6

2. Loading...

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Speaking as an android user there isn't any, haha
    I used to have iPhone's all the time but since I switched to android I have to say that I'd never go back. Each to their own though.

4. introspectivgroup

LOL. Tell me what about Android do you like the most. Are there some things that are totally off to you about Iphone since you have switched?

pwarbi likes this.
  5. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

I can understand pwarbi because I've had the same experience. Considering price range and specifications they don't compete with the Android phone market. If you look in the market, there's loads of brands out there that can implement android, Apple likes to own it's little phone iPhone and no other to claim the iOS, which drops down the amount of users.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

For me, I like the customizable aspect of android. At the moment I'm using the HTC ONE M9, and it's the best phone I've ever had, including my iPhones.

Apple for me was just to strict, especially when it came to apps and downloads. With android people can get anything they want and usually for free.

That's just a couple of reasons I wouldn't revert back.

7. EmmaS

EmmaS New Member

I think it really boils down to preference. I used to be an Android user and switched to iPhone. I like the iPhone's user interface and its ease of use. Android has a lot of capabilities that are restricted in the iPhone, but I have my laptop for the things that the iPhone can't do so I don't really mind.

If your friend likes to tinker, your friend will definitely like Android more. If he/she likes easier user experience, then the iPhone is better.

8. introspectivgroup

Better than Iphone. This must be an amazing phone. I am going to have to check it out and see it in action. My husband absolutely loves android.

9. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

He is going to love it. If you're into Android, you cannot help but love every single Android phone, one with good specifications of course.

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

At the end of the day this is what a forum is all about, people sharing different opinions. Some people love android, others prefer sticking to what they know, if you've always been a iPhone user, then obviously it will take a bit of time to get used to anything new.

11. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I mean each person will like their own type of phone. I think it's just based on what they want to be able to do with their phone. Like being unable to customize the iPhones, some people really hate that you can't do that. But, some of the good things about the iPhone 6 are: you are able to make calls over WiFi when there isn't any service, the camera is much better than all the other iPhones that they have made, you can opt out of group messages that you don't want to be anymore, or you can silence them, you can send voice messages quickly through iMessage, and you are able to have Siri identify songs for you. These are just some of the features that the iPhone 6 has.

12. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Do you not think that a lot of the features that used to be exclusive to Apple though, are now being incorporated into android? A lot of what you have mentioned, can now be downloaded via an app to the android device.

Another good thing with android is that it's not tied to iTunes, so you can download pretty much any song, move or TV programs you want, and not have to pay a anything.

Kyler likes this.
  13. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

That's right, basically what he's saying it's a good alternative. We're not saying Apple is bad, but we are saying what Android has to offer is no less than Apple, could be even better sometimes in some way or another.

14. KatyCat

KatyCat New Member

I think that the features of the phones are really not that important anymore. Every decent smartphone, Android or Apple or otherwise, is going to be expected to have certain features, like a quality camera or display. Every manufacturer tries to do and outdo each other, but it's at a point now where it's all good, in my opinion.

I don't think that one is better than the other in the Apple vs. Android debate. I have owned nothing but Androids until recently when I purchased my first iPhone. There are pros and cons for both. The major positive for Android is the open nature of their technology; more apps are available for download, more customization options are available, it's great. But because there are so many version of software, so many different phones, the constant updating and patching for said apps to make them compatible with so many devices has rendered every Android I've ever owned nearly unusable as it approaches it's second birthday.

Because Apple only makes a handful of products, and they only allow their OS on a handful of products, I've found that it functions better overall. The apps are not bogged down by bugs and glitches for specific phones or versions of the OS. It has a more user-friendly, seamless functionality, in my opinion.

In the end, it comes down to personal preference as to what is important to you. At first, I valued my options and freedom. Now, I want something that works and works well because I'm tired of my phones being outdated, obsolete, and pretty much complete paperweights after a year or so.

15. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

@KatyCat Yeah, that is why I'm starting to think you can't really compare a phone and say what one is the best. Everyone likes something different when it comes to phones. Some people like being able to customize their phones while other's don't and that's fine. That is why the iPhone and Android phones were made. Many people like the Apple phones because of how easy they are to use, which is why I like my phone. Then there are people who like Android phones because of all the cool things that you can do with them. I have had Android phones and they just weren't for me. Not the kind of phone that I am looking for. The iOS is pretty good, I personally think that it's the best one that they have out there. That's why I use Apple products all the time. They are just so reliable. Just like you said though, in the end it's all about the kind of phone that a person wants.

16. KNH

KNH New Member

It really depends on someone's wants and needs in a phone. I have an iPhone 6 and kind of wish I wouldn't have left droid at times. I do like being able to text from my Macbook Pro and being able to connect via iMessage, but otherwise I feel that iPhones are way over-exaggerated. Androids have way more options and settings, along with way more apps in the Android store.

17. SwirlyCocoa

SwirlyCocoa New Member

Since the iPhone 4 I have stuck with apple. However, I have nothing against android. I loved my android. Androids seem to overall, have better features, MORE features, more memory etc... It's very hard to persuade an android to switch to apple because of those reasons.

Most apple users like the iPhone, because it does have the best design and graphics, and fast operating system. My phone rarely ever glitches. When I had android, it constantly froze up. I know androids have gotten better since then but I still see this issue with their newer phones. iPhones have much better photo quality and it's nice to have the cloud to have all of your stuff on all of your apple devices. I love my FaceTime feature. Don't have to download an app and create an account to get that. ;-) I love the fingerprint to unlock feature. Its very secure internet browser. (no virus on your phone) And I love the overall look and feel of the iPhone. My husband hates iPhone and even he agreed with me on that one. Definitely not enough to persuade him though. I think apple users want apple because of the name and will stick by it because of that. That's how apple keeps its customers. Android lovers know better. and theres not much you can do about that.

18. Val

Val New Member

I love that the iPhone 6 is simple but efficient. I really like the way it runs smoothly and doesn't have too many features that I either don't understand or don't need. I know that Androids have a lot more memory and have more techy things but for someone who simply wants a quick, efficient phone I would go with the iPhone. Also, I personally think they're very pretty!