iPhone 6, what's your general take on it

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by roseblanchgte, Jun 1, 2015.

1. roseblanchgte

roseblanchgte New Member

The new iPhone 6 is on the market. Have anyone bought it? What is different on it and are 6 and 6 plus the same just one bigger than the other?

2. Loading...

3. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I have had an iPhone 5 for about a year and a half. When the 5c and 5s were announced, there was nothing that made me want to upgrade to those versions of the iPhone. I did like some of the features that came with iOS 7, though, which my 5 upgraded to.

Now that the 6 and 6 Plus have been announced, there is nothing that makes me want to upgrade to either of those versions, either. But, I am looking for some of the features that will come with iOS 8 when I update my software!

4. tarverten

tarverten Member

It's not bad, but it has only just caught up to Android phones. I didn't seem to notice any features that the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus have than most Android phones don't already have.

Still, it's nice that Apple has finally caught up.

5. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

It truly is a "bigger" phone, but many worry that Apple didn't fully accomplish the bigger phone. I am not a hater and it has a lot of great new features, but I would wait till the 6S or the 7. By then they should have mastered the bigger screen. Let's wait till they really "revolutionize" the bigger iPhone. By the way waiting myself!

6. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay New Member

The iPhone 6 line has iOS 8 preloaded. Apps will be able to take advantage of the increased screen size to display more information on-screen; for example, the Mail app uses a dual-pane layout similar to its iPad version when the device is in landscape mode on the iPhone 6 Plus. As it uses an identical aspect ratio, apps designed for the iPhone 5 and 5S can be upscaled for use on the 6 and 6 Plus. To improve the usability of the devices' larger screens, an additional "Reachability" gesture was added; double-touching the Home button will slide the top half of the screen's contents down so that users can, for example, tap a "Back" button in the top-left corner.

7. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

I think, like with most Apple products, the jury is still out on these phones. While it's true that they're probably the best devices that Apple have built, they're still starting to show signs of age, particularly when you conpare them side by side with the latest android devices.

8. Lawrencevr

Lawrencevr New Member

I got the iPhone 6 as my first top-of-the-range smartphone, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Although you could probably pin that on my inexperience, I think simply the feel, size and ease-of-access (fingerprint scanner) make it well worth the upgrade from the 5 (my 6 was stolen and had to downgrade to the 5, so I have experienced both now). However, unless money is not an issue at all, I would not say it is a mistake to hold on to the 5 until, perhaps, the iPhone 7 comes out.

9. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I have not bought this phone, but I plan to if a new one doesn't come out soon. I hear that they are good phones, but when they first came out that they weren't. A lot of people had problems with them, and it doesn't surprise me to be honest. I think that they are just starting to come out with their products way too fast, which is resulting in them not having the phones ready. I do hope that they wait a little longer and make sure that they work right.

10. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

My sister in law has the iPhone 6, and I play with it some time. Beside the big screen, everything functions as my iPhone 5, nothing much different as far as I can see. I like the big screen, but it won't fit in my pocket or my purse.

pwarbi likes this.
  11. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

And that seems to be the general consensus of opinion when it comes to the iPhone 6. It's nice, but it's not a great deal different from the iPhone 5.

The size is also an issue that's split opinion aswell, some like the bigger screens while others hate them, and put the screen size down to the poor battery performance.

IcyBC likes this.
  12. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Not a lot of people seem to like the design but in my opinion it's the most beautiful phone on the market. The phone is good, snappy and I think it's a good flagship device for Apple.

IcyBC likes this.
  13. Val

Val New Member

Previously, before I got my iPhone 6, I had an iPhone 4S for about two years. When I got my iPhone 6, which was roughly eight months ago, I was completely astounded. I got the rose gold color and it was so beautiful and sleek that I instantly loved it. It was such an upgrade from my old phone that I couldn't believe I had had my iPhone 4S for so long. The iPhone 6 was so much faster and efficient, all its new features has made my life so much easier and I find that I can do so much more with my phone.