Iphone 6 battery drains very fast

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Guest, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Guest

Guest Visitor
    Visitor

#2 Guest, Jan 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
    Hello, I have the new iPhone 6 PLUS and the battery is draining really fast. Around 7-8 hours from 100 % . Anyone else in here that owns the 6 plus?

Do you experience the same inconvenience?

2. chevypowell

chevypowell Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Feb 9, 2015
    Male
    Knowledge Seeker
    #3 chevypowell, Jan 2, 2015
    The battery drain can be

The battery drain can be caused by a number of reasons.

A handful of tricks to save battery life:
    - disable 4G
    - use wifi over celular data
    - disable bluetooth
    - stop location services
    - reduce screen brightness
    - turn off airdrop
    - turn off background app refresh

If the tricks mentioned above will not help you, there’s a good chance that a specific app is causing the problem. Go to Settings > General > Usage > Battery Usage and take a look at what is guzzling down that battery juice. If you find a specific app that’s draining a suspiciously high amount of battery then check to see if there’s an update available and if not, think about uninstalling it. If you need it then try disabling Background App Refresh via Settings > General and Location Services via Settings > Privacy.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Visitor
    Visitor

#4 Anonymous, Jan 2, 2015
    Thanks for the reply. It

Thanks for the reply. It appeared I had temple run + facebook + Whatsapp + some work program running in the background.

I am still new to IOS so thank you very much.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    I think with most smartphones, the usual problem with battery drain is down to not closing down apps properly and leaving them running in the background.

Smartphone batteries have a notoriously poor battery life anyway. I'd say your doing pretty well to get 8 hours out of it in the first place.

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Apr 16, 2015
    Male
    Yeah, that is a big problem on iOS. Wakelocks can be easily interrupted on Android if you have root, I don't know if you can do that on iOS without jailbreaking.

6. introspectivgroup

introspectivgroup New Member

Apr 21, 2015
    Female
    I know that there are some apps that can help you with battery life. I downloaded the app Battery in the app store. And, it has helped mine out a great deal. It will tell you the apps that are draining most of your battery life. Instagram was the main culprit for mine. I had to start logging out.

7. devinametallic

devinametallic New Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Female
    I just feel like it's a part of the iphone's characteristics. I've had two apple phones and they were always draining really fast. I feel like the 6 isn't as worth it when it comes to the battery life.

8. jfab

jfab Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Male
    Sometimes it's due to the often use of the Internet. Try not to use it all the time. That one really uses up the battery too fast.

9. Torialou

Torialou New Member

May 2, 2015
    Female
    YORK
    I have to say I have had the opposite since I bought my Iphone 6, my 4S was running out really fast but my 6 is lasting around 2 days now. I have even allowed it to start pushing my emails again since it's holding up so well.

Do you remember to close everything after use? Double click the home button and then swipe upwards so everything that has recently been opened is fully shut.

You can also check under settings, general and battery usage, it gives you a list of how much battery has been used on what app. You can work out what is draining your battery and delete them if necessary.

10. TitanDolphin1

TitanDolphin1 New Member

May 4, 2015
    Male
    Yeah I've been having the same problem lately I think it's a problem with the actual iPhone's battery life and it isn't our fault at all. There are some ways to increase battery life but none of those methods really help me increase battery life. It's quite disappointing considering I bought the iPhone 6 for it's great battery life.

11. EmmaS

EmmaS New Member

May 27, 2015
    Female
    Battery life is dependent on usage. If your iPhone is connected to the internet over 3G/4G all the time, the battery will drain faster. There are apps that use the internet even when it's not running for notifications - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and messaging apps like Whatsapp, Viber, WeChat. If you turn off your data connection, I'm sure your battery will last longer.

12. Miaka_M

Miaka_M Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

May 5, 2015
    Female
    My friend was having the same issue with her iphone 6 and like someone mentioned above, its due to multiple things up and running while the phone is not in use. I would say that having the wifi/data and bluetooth on at all time is definitely a huge battery eater. I have the same issue with my android phone and closing multiple apps definitely helps keep the battery longer. :)

13. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Male
    Try factory reset. It might be due to a lot of RAM usage or applications running in the background. If not, it could be the charger itself so you might want to try another charger, if not, then try getting another battery. If that still doesn't work, you might want to take it to a shop.

14. Matthew Leslie

Matthew Leslie New Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Male
    That is one of the Down sides of apple! Every time a new software update comes up, you can expect your battery to start lasting shorter periods..
    Some ways to help prevent it.
    -Turn Wi-Fi / Cellular off when not in use.
    -Turn screen brightness down.
    -Turn 4G off.
    -Close background applications.
    -Turn off airdrop.
    Hope I helped!! :)

Kyler likes this.
  15. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Male
    That's useful Matthew. Also try a new battery if all that doesn't work.

16. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Female
    I honestly think that happens with all smartphones. I also have an iPhone and no matter what I do it always drains fast. It can also happen for a number of reasons. Some being that you have apps that are running the background or that your using LTE instead of WiFi. I know that I have that problem a lot. Sometimes I can't always be around a place that has WiFi, so then my battery drains faster.

17. GavinGimbo

GavinGimbo Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Male
    Sri Lanka
    Like others have mentioned, always check what's running in background. Close or disable anything which you don't use. Only allow the apps that is frequently used by you.

Also, disable cellular data when you're not using. Battery drain can be also caused due to weak cellular reception. So if you're using 4G and have only 1 - 2 bars out of five, you'll have a bigger drain.

Lower screen brightness, keep it at a decent level which is convenient for your eyes. The iPhone 6 has a very average battery life in benchmarks so you can definitely expect to charge everyday. It's a good habit to charge your phone whenever you get the chance. 15 - 30 minutes of charging makes a huge difference.

18. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    Smartphones definitely need to be charged at least once a day, no matter what make of device your using. The days of charging your Nokia on a Monday and still having 30% battery on a Thursday are long gone.

19. KatyCat

KatyCat New Member

Jul 10, 2015
    Female
    There are 1,001 things you can try to do to preserve battery life, but all of them are inherently limiting to the iPhone's performance. If I really, really want it to last, I kill a bunch of apps and turn off background refresh. In all honesty, though, I spent the money to have a nice phone, and I intend to use said nice phone to its fullest potential. That usually means that I have to charge it at some point during the day.

An external battery pack (from a reputable vendor on Amazon or something) are really quite inexpensive. I charge one of those up and take it with me. They're pretty small and fit in my purse, but I can see where guys might find them cumbersome. I have a seemingly endless supply of cheap iPhone cords amassed. When the battery dies, I just charge it right back up. It's going to be a recurrent problem for the time being until battery technology catches up with everything else that they're doing. Even the phones with the best batteries will eventually have this same problem. I think that better battery technology will be the next major change in small electronics.