Iphone 5s touchscreen problem.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sortep2, Apr 12, 2015.

1. sortep2

sortep2 New Member

hi guys im having a problem with my iphone 5s 16gb gold 8.3.
    Some times when i try to unlock my phone with “slide to unlock” it dos not ulock unless i turn off and then on the screen with the power booton. Some times it is fine and it unlocks without a problem but if the above problem happens and i ulock the phone fast it ulocks but then i can’t navigate throw the home screen insted it looks like it preeses the screen in some spots it’s self and whont let me do anything anless i lock it and unlock it again… don’t know whats going on if someone can please help me.. i have tryed hard reset and set up as new but still nothing :/

2. Loading...

3. Dan B

Dan B Visitor
    Visitor

4. Dan B

Dan B Visitor
    Visitor

Me too. Updated to 8.3, later in the day the issue started. First, i could not answer a phone call. It continued to get worse. Slide to open does not work. After many tries it did finally open and went crazy, opening apps and stuff. No control over it. I can make a call using Siri, but have to do the hard reboot to hang up. It was working fine before the 8.3 update.

5. Dragavich

Dragavich Visitor
    Visitor

Guys I have had the same problem after updating to F#@%&* IOS 8.3 , i have taken the phone and had my screen replaced but no luck, the shop i went supposed to provide good repair, but the guys tried to fix the issue four times but with no luck they returned my money back. mine is 5s gliches and bounces the way it wants and loves the location of letter "u" it presses it 100s times and its kinda nasty. as your finger approaches the screan line one inch away from the surface it presses the letter "U". and now as i am texting i just finished downgrading the firmware from 8.3 to 8.2 but the problem still exists.

I have tried hard reset but didnt work. Iam afraid that the update have caused a damage in the geometry board. i don't know i still it is software tweak. i'll keep you guys posted.

6. Kyler

Kyler Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Did you try factory resetting the phone? Did you take it to a shop to get it checked whether it's the hardware though? I think it's important to try to do that. I think there are some tips out there to factory reset it without having to use the screen at all. If it's not software, it most likely is the hardware or recognition of finger tips or sensory problems, you may take it to a shop that is professional and trusted, they can diagnose the problem. Make sure you also research about the shop and ratings before you use it, there's lots of scammers out there.

7. jfab

jfab Member

How long have you ahd your phone? Have you dropped it lately?

8. Kyler

Kyler Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

I don't think it would matter as much if he dropped it though, some do have faultiness in the screen where it does crack after a time of usage, but after all, if he is in warranty it could be replaced freely for him. He also might want to buy a new screen, they're not that expensive, but they're not that cheap either.

9. carlymarley

carlymarley New Member

I've had this issue too. Only a few times though, it hasn't bothered me enough yet to call and deal with warranty nonsense, but it can be frustrating. If it happens often enough, and your phone is still under warranty, call your cell phone company and they can help you deal with the issue.

10. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

It may be a software problem since it has happened a lot with newer devices too. I wouldn't worry about the internals of your phone, they should be fine.