iPhone 5 battery drains in few hours

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Guest, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Guest

Guest Visitor
    Visitor

Hello everyone,

I am having a problem with my iPhone 5. I bought it as new like 2 months ago and the battery is terrible. I updated to iOS 8.1.3 and if I am playing a few games and chatting on facebook the battery runs out to 25% or less in just a few hours (3-4).

I also noticed it will drain out fast when exposed to cold temperatures..

Any solution for me please?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Visitor
    Visitor

Have you tried reducing the

Have you tried reducing the luminosity of the screen and disabling location services? These two features are consuming a lot of battery life.

Also, you should disable notifications and the rest of the features that you do not really use.

3. puru2

puru2 Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Dec 30, 2014
    Male
    #4 puru2, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2015
    While this must be the

While this must be the most common problem for the iPhone 5, keep in mind this is a hardware issue and no settings can fix it.

I have wrote a nice article about it, you can find it at:

Common IPhone 5 problems and solutions

I this it gives you fixes to
    • Performance Issue
    • Keyboard lagging
    • Cellular Data Issue
    • Random Reboot
    How Do You Solve The Most Common Problems Of IPhone 5
    this gives you

• How do you resolve issues Wi-Fi connection[/B][/SIZE]
    • How do you solve a Home Button malfunction
    • How do you solve the problems with the power button

Diane Lane likes this.
  4. katherine25

katherine25 New Member

May 4, 2015
    Female
    Have you looked into the recall Apple had for the Iphone 5? there was a recall on specific model numbers because there was a malfunction with the batteries and them dying to quickly. If your phone has the same model number they will replace your phone.

Diane Lane likes this.
  5. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

May 17, 2015
    Female
    I also have an iPhone 5, and my battery usually lasted for a day and over night. I found turning off all the notifications that I don't need, blue tooth, location, and close all the apps really help my battery last longer. Recently, I also reduce the brightness on my phone just to drag the battery a bit longer. Try these and see if it will help you.

You can also read the two articles that @puru2 suggested to see what else you can do for your phone. I will check these out too.

Diane Lane likes this.
  6. EmmaS

EmmaS New Member

May 27, 2015
    Female
    If you're constantly chatting on Facebook and playing games, the battery will run out fast as expected. You are using data when chatting on Facebook, and that's a pretty big factor in battery life. If I turn my data connection off, my phone can last for more than two days. With the data connection on, it can't even last one whole day since I chat on Facebook/Whatsapp a lot.

7. llfsa

llfsa New Member

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    Well as far as solutions go I am not the one who could help you out, but I had an iPhone 5 for about two years and I remember that after about 5 months I had to charge it at least twice a day which was partially the reason why I sold it. It seems as though Apple's reputation for long battery spans does not apply to smartphones

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    I think you'll find that this is the case for most smartphones these days and poor battery life isn't just exclusive to your device.

Using a phone ro play games and chat on an app is probably the worst thing you can do as both these will drain a battery more than anything else.

IcyBC likes this.
  9. llfsa

llfsa New Member

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    Exactly, with a special concern geared towards overheating which might lead to battery dilation.

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    It's true that a phone overheating impacts on the life of the battery, I think these days it's rare for a phone to actually overheat that much.

It will get warm depending on what apps your using but they won't overheat so much that it damages the device. Your phone will shut itself down long before that happens. Well, it should do anyway...

11. Erin Sagisi

Erin Sagisi New Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Female
    I have the same problem! In order to save battery I make sure my brightness isn't all the way up, same with my volume. I always make sure no apps are running in the background. (double click the home button and swipe up in order to delete the apps that are running in the back) Hope this helps! Good luck!

12. Lawrencevr

Lawrencevr New Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Male
    I bought my iPhone 5 second hand, and while I thought it was normal that it drains pretty quickly, I experienced some difficulty when I was using it for GPS and it just died on 11% and refused to switch back on, showing that the battery was dead. Don't know if it's from the software update, or if the phone was just old and beaten. The guy I bought it from claimed that it was only 6 months old.

13. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

May 17, 2015
    Female
    If you paid good money for it, then have a repairman looks at it! I don't think that guy was honest when he is said it was only 6 months old. My iPhone 5 was a year old already and went through a hand of a teenager, but it was still function perfectly even with a broken screen. I had it repaired and everything is fine!