iphone 4s or the newer?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Miaka_M, May 9, 2015.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_M Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I've heard many complaints about the new iphone releases, a maority was about the size. On the other hand, the prevailing statement that I have heard from many iphone users is "iphone 4s was the best!" I definitely agree with this statement because of its size. Do you agree with what the other iphone users are saying?

2. Loading...

3. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I think the iPhone 5 may be moving into "the best iPhone" place soon. The 5 seems to be a good balance between the 4 and the 6 and I've heard quite good things about it. People do like the 4 because of it's size and it all depends on preference. I like the 4 but I think some improvements could be made to the battery. I haven't tried the 5 or the 6 so my experience only comes from using my 4. It is small, easy to hold, easy to fit in a pocket but you do become limited if you want to watch stuff on it or browse around online.

4. Miaka_M

Miaka_M Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

The iphone 5 looks decent, though I'm not very fond of the 5s. I was going to purchase the 5s but I did not like the candy like outer plastic back. As Apple grows every year, they release a new phone constantly better than the last unfortunately. Its a pretty sad thing to do because then it makes the old phones obsolete and we are unable to use them like the newer ones. :(

5. Susimi

Susimi Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

A new release may make the previous gen of the phone obsolete yes, but that doesn't take away from it if it's a good phone or not. If it can still cut it a week before the new phone was released, then it will surely be able to cut it a week after the new phone was released. Obsolete may be too strong a word, I'd say outdated would be more fitting.

On the plus side a previous gen of a phone drops pretty big in price once it's younger brother arrives, so there are some pretty good deals to be found.

6. Kyler

Kyler Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Hmm, it's not that difficult to decide because I think it's subjective, what do you need and what applications do you want to run, look at minimum requirements for speciifcations, as well as what you require of a camera and then there you go, you've chosen.

7. TitanDolphin1

TitanDolphin1 New Member

When your thinking about specs wise then the iPhone 4s doesn't stand a chance against the iPhone 6 since the iPhone 6 is newer and it has better hardware than the iPhone 4s. The camera on the iPhone 6 is almost 3 times as better than the camera on the iPhone 4s. You just got to accept the fact as time goes on hardware and software get better and the newer one will always be the best.

8. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

It might be better in terms of numbers, but it might not even be effective in the real world. It all depends on what you run on your phone and what you need for it, perhaps if you run certain things or aiming for certain things, the 4S might be enough and would seem the same as 6 in terms of performance. It's the price range that would differ in that matter, as well as specifications but they wouldn't make a difference in the real world.

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I think anybody who buys a 4 these days, will have to expect to be buying a newer device in the near future. You'll probably get about 12 months out of it before you'll be looking to purchase something else.

So in my opinion, I'd be tempted to wait and save for a newer device.