iOS 9 Beta Brings Multitasking Features to iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by teamxxlp, Jul 12, 2015.

1. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

The latest models of iPad can now access the iOS 9 beta, which brings some multitasking features to the tablets. Multiwindow functionality is now possible on some apps, and it's expected to expand to all apps moving forward. A picture-in-picture video feature is available, too. Perhaps the most unique thing is that you can turn the touchscreen keyboard into a cursor for certain apps, which is something that hasn't been done in many mobile devices in the past. It's definitely a refreshing update that makes the iPad run like new again.

2. Loading...

3. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

This sounds wonderful about multi-tasking! I am guilty of this and always feel like I must multi-task or else I wasted my time online. I just updated my iPad to 8.4 and experienced some apps like Netflix, Hulu, and PBS shut down on me randomly. It is such a pain! I will wait until I am forced to update again!

4. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member

Luckily, iOS 9 is just a beta at the moment. It brings some great tablet features to the table, although I haven't seen what it does for iPhone models. iOS 8 was definitely a lackluster update for most users, despite the fact that it brought a LOT of new features to Apple devices. The execution was just poor with how many problems users experienced. Apple's work with iOS 9 should be a major attempt to rectify the ill feelings created by its last OS update!

5. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Hopefully in the future they can also do something about the battery life of all their products! I am just sick of having to plug them in all the time if I use the devices, especially my phone. One conversation then my battery needs to be charged, and forced me to carry a car charger too just in case. I remember back then, some of the phones I had lasted for days with batteries, but then again, cellphones were just for making calls or texting :)

6. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member

The thing that you have to remember is that Apple tends to put fairly small batteries into its smartphones. For the iPad Air 2, a smaller battery from its predecessor was used without killing battery life too much. The iPhone 6 has a <2,000 mAh battery, and the iPhone 6 Plus has a 2,900ish mAh battery, so there's room for improvement there. Apple has done a good job of maximizing battery life for the battery sizes it uses, and a larger battery would boost the battery life noticeably on devices. The company hesitates to do that because of the slight bulk it would add to each device.