Incorporating The Note Edge into The Note 5?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by teamxxlp, Apr 29, 2015.

1. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

For the Note 5, a few analysts and tech blogs are calling for Samsung to incorporate the functional edge from the Note Edge into the phablet. I see the benefits in doing so if extra features are baked in, but it seems like something that would make the device less popular than its predecessors. What are your thoughts?

2. Loading...

3. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

I think that you're right. If extra features are added to the device, it would of been better and more interesting because I don't know if it will really make a difference in software. Because it seems that they're going on the track of just updating specifications and android versions more than actually working on what's unique about this new version.

teamxxlp likes this.
  4. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member

At least the Edge on the Note Edge has extra software to make it functional rather than purely aesthetic. I wouldn't mind getting an even more functional edge on the next Note device. I'd rather have a bigger battery than a premium, unibody design, too. I hope Samsung doesn't put the same design cues and decisions into the Note 5 as they have the S6 because that would alienate a large segment of Note users.

5. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

That's true, but I guess Samsung sometimes might surprise you and put the same design cues, which is a bit suckish. It would alienate a large segment of Note users though and I completely agree, I don't know though, we would have to wait and see what Samsung has to show.