Ideas for upcoming iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jonathon Derr, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Jonathon Derr

Jonathon Derr New Member

A new iPhone will be coming out! Whether it be the iPhone 6s or the iPhone 7, there has to be at least something different and better with it's previous iPhones. What do you think the new iPhone will include? What do you want in the new iPhone? Post it here!

2. Loading...

3. Kyler

Kyler Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

I think the front camera has to have better quality than the previous versions and I think the design will be a bit different in which it will be stronger than before, it has to or it's a complete failure.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I'd really love a screen with a much better quality, and I'd also love more freedom from the iPhone. Improvements like widgets or order would make iOS a much better ecosystem, although I can see how this can be detrimental towards the fight with Android.

5. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

I would also add that there is one thing that would really help the market on iOS. If they made it implementable and open source to all, where other phone brands can implement it fully just like Android, that would be such a great thing and would really be a hit on the market. Problem is, Apple won't do that.

6. Miaka_M

Miaka_M Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I would love it if the new phone were a bit smaller than the current iphone 6. The size of the 4 was ideal and now the phones are so huge! I wouldn't mind it coming in a hot pink metallic version (not like the candy colour plastic on the 5s). As for features, I think its pretty good, maybe an even better zoom quality than it currently has and different camera options. Even limiting the number of pre-loaded apps would be great, so we actually get the amount of space that we purchased. Half of the apps that it comes with are things that I never use and it just takes up space on the phone.

Diane Lane likes this.
  7. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I want the screen to be a bit bigger, not like the iPhone 6 or 6 plus, since I love my iPhone 5 so I like it to be a bit bigger. I haven't seen too much different with the iPhone series so far, and I knew lot of people who are still using their iPhone 4 and happy with it.

#6 IcyBC, Jun 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
    Kyler likes this.
  8. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

Oh yes, I know what you mean.

IcyBC likes this.
  9. vegito12

vegito12 New Member

I would like a bigger screen so you can use more apps, and also the phone needs to have better battery so it can be used for longer in the day and not worry about the battery usage. I would like to see the phone being used in more areas, and the signal increased as well, so the phone can be used in more towns and countries as well. It should be a phone which is, worth the price and also good to use for games and a touchscreen phone which is easy to use.

10. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Sorry for the typos, it sounds stupid enough than I had to edit to make sense. I will hang on to my iPhone 5 until it dies, and I am in no rush to get the iPhone 7 unless somehow I get it for free, and won it from the sweepstakes :)

Diane Lane likes this.
  11. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

That's great, best of luck!

12. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I'm actually quite surprised that more people haven't said improved battery life seeing as that's probably the main issue that people will have with their devices, not just Apple.

Judging by the post on this thread you can see now why a lot of developers have a hard time, some want bigger screens, some want smaller screens...whatever the next generation brings, there will be some that will be disappointed.

I'll be controversial, I'll say Apple need to not just revamp iOS, but ditch it now completely and start all over again with a new one, that's what I'd like to see.

13. seatones

seatones New Member

I know it's completely out of character for the iPhone lines, but having an actual hardware keyboard would be great. I always loved the hardware keyboards way more than touch screen, but they seem to be completely out of style. You don't really see any new phone companies using them, but it seems like a smart phone with a real keyboard would be a lot easier to use. It's easy to touch the wrong keys often with a touch screen, which I didn't do as much with a Blackberry for example.

14. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I remember back in the day I had a BlackBerry for a while and that had the physical keyboard. I have to say that's probably the best keyboard on any phone, probably one of the few things that BlackBerry did get right.

15. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Well, it's been said online they will be making a 6s, 6s plus, and 6c. I read it on a site somewhere. They have also said all the new features that will come with iOS 9, it's on the Apple site. Some of these new features include: new multitasking, you can add pictures to your notes, and I believe that you will be able to write your notes with your finger, there will be some new features to the texting, Siri is now more intelligent, and you are supposed to be able to save battery life with the new update. They are also starting to make the updates less space. Since most of the updates take up a lot of the space on your phone, they are trying to cut down on that. I think that the best thing they could do is help give us more battery life. They also said that your phone will be able to recognize if its face down on a table so that it will help save battery life. So, those are some pretty cool new updates they are doing to the iPhones.

16. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Battery life will always be an issue on there devices until they come up with a way if working with the battery manufacturers. It's alright adding updates and coming up with new features that are meant to save battery life, but until the root of the problem gets fixed, the actual battery itself, I think it's always going to be a problem.

17. SwirlyCocoa

SwirlyCocoa New Member

Flash on the front camera. A MUCH BETTER SIRI. To me siri is so stupid and it drives me crazy. I will ask a simple question and if it doesn't know the answer, it says things like "I'm not sure what you mean would you like me to search the web?" Like no freakin duh! and even then I still end up having to physically go to google and type it myself. So annoying. Cortana seems a lot smarter and more useful. I wish apple would work on this.
    Also, they should include an app that automatically comes with the phone revealing all of the iPhones hidden features. I know you can google it, Just saying it would be nice to have all revealed without having to download or type anything.

18. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

It's funny you mention about the hidden features. Why do phone manufacturers insist on having these features on their devices but not telling the consumer? Like you said we all know how to search on Google and find out what the features are, but why make us do that?

Why not just list the 'hidden' features in the literature, you've bought the device anyway, the least they can do is tell you what it can do.

19. SwirlyCocoa

SwirlyCocoa New Member

I'm sorry! My mistake on saying that! The iPhone DOES have this feature lol. There is an "ideas" app on the first screen. It's orange with a light bulb. My apologies. I need to look at my phone more lol!

20. Val

Val New Member

I imagine that with a new iPhone, the camera quality must get better. Not that the iPhone 6 camera isn't amazing, both front and back, but it is a general expectation that with a new generation of phones you must have a better camera quality than the last. The new iPhones will also most likely be bigger in length and thinner in width. I would definitely love a battery-saving feature on the iPhone just like the Androids do. Another feature that would be cool is an option where we can decide when to send messages. For example, if I want to send a birthday message exactly at midnight but I am not willing to stay up, I can set the message to send at exactly midnight.