Ideas for upcoming iOS?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jonathon Derr, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Jonathon Derr

Jonathon Derr New Member

As you may know, iOS 9 is coming up in Apple's WWDC conference. There are many speculations and rumors about what the next iOS is going to include, but we don't know if any of these are true or not. What's your input? What do you think iOS 9 will include? What would you like iOS 9 to do? This can be from RAM allocation to graphical updates.

2. Loading...

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Better multi-tasking, but that would be a bliss since the iPhones only have 1 GB of ram. Maybe with the iPhone 6S we'll see a lot more hardware improvements.
    I'm eagerly waiting to see how iOS 9 is going to turn out.

4. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

It's stupid to fault Apple devices for having 1GB of RAM because the OS is so much more efficient than Android. Even Windows Phone OS is supposed to be more efficient than Android, which is revealed in battery tests and the fact that the devices work fine with 1GB of RAM. As far as I know, iOS 9 isn't supposed to be a major, major update, but there should be some nice new features included with the update.

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I don't fault Apple for their choice of hardware but the multitasking on iOS is very lackluster, regardless of how much the phones are optimized. I'd expect more from a device that is considered as a "Business" phone.
    iOS updates could change this, though.

teamxxlp likes this.
  6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

The latest update from Apple is just that, an update so there won't be anything major coming out.

Unfortunately I think that is what Apple need when it comes to iOS. The platform is looking dated and suffering a lot compared to android devices, and while people will still buy Apple, I'm not sure they're getting their money's worth any more.

7. Danielle Davidson

Danielle Davidson Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Well, online they have said what the new update will include. There isn't anything major really happening with the update. The way the system looks will be the same. I wish that they would make the system different. I remember when they changed the whole look of the iPhone. It was great, I just think that they don't know what else to do with it. I am excited for the new update though because it seems like it will still be a good one.

Like @pwarbi said the system is starting to look dated. Let's hope that when iOS 10 comes out that they will change that.

8. GavinGimbo

GavinGimbo Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I'd love better video support. I have some .MP4s which I wanted to transfer to a friend's iPad. Well, the process was very tedious and confusing for me. Anyways, I was sad that I couldn't get the subtitles (.SRT) on the iPad.

So, future improvements for iOS:
    • Subtitle support for local videos/movies.
    • Expanded multi-tasking.
    Can't be assured since iOS is always very restricted.

9. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I hope the iOS 9 will help with battery last longer, and multi-tasking sounds nice to me. It would be a plus if when we have to update, we should be able to see a different and things work differently too.