I Broke the Original USB Cable ! help !

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy' started by guffe2004, Apr 1, 2015.

1. guffe2004

guffe2004 Member

Mar 24, 2015
    #1 guffe2004, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
    hey guys, yesterday night in our town we didnt have electric power for 2 hours, in this time i didn't see my USB cable that was on the floor and because i am a fool, i don't know how i step on it and it broke into hald, more exactly the USB port... now i cannot charge my phone anymore... :(

2. Loading...

3. JimSmith92

JimSmith92 Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Mar 24, 2015
    don't worry man, you can always buy a new USB cable, they are very very cheap... :p or you can use any micro USB to charge your Galaxy ... :p

4. guffe2004

guffe2004 Member

Mar 24, 2015
    my town is kinda isolated and it will take a while for the cable to arrive at my destinantion, that's why we have frequently powerr off electricity...

I've heard that those USB Cables that are not original, they cannot charge it as fast as the original one does.. is that true ?

5. JimSmith92

JimSmith92 Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Well, that is not true , i don't know how fast the original USB cable is charging your galaxy, but trust me that i charge my Note 4 with an Lg micro USB cable and it charge just fine... :D

6. guffe2004

guffe2004 Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Ok man, thank you, in that case i will try with my sister Huawei Cable...

PS : it takes almost 5 hours to be complety charge with a Huawei Cable that i borrow from my sister...

Anyway, i already order an Original one on ebay and i'm waiting for it to arrive in my city :p

7. joshposh

joshposh Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    Chargers are really cheap now a days. You can get an authentic one or get a knock off and save some money. But be careful, you get what you pay for. These knock off may be cheap, but they can break easily or one day mysteriously stop working

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    Using an official charger is always recommended and it does have a slight effect on the way your phone is charged but not that much that it will make a difference.

Chargers and cables are cheap and available from most places these days so buying a couple might be worth doing just in case it happens again maybe?

9. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Male
    Perhaps you can try and find the specification of the watts and amps required to charge your phone, then find a suitable USB cable. In my opinion it doesn't have to be official but it can be of good quality ones.

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    I know manufacturers used to recommend only using the official charger but I think this was just a way to earn a little more money out of us.

11. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Male
    Haha, that made me laugh. I agree, words are so easy to let out. I mean it's so easy for me to say something but is it actually true? Sometimes we need to question it and question the intention. I think there are really good quality ones out there without the "manufacturers" help.

12. Gold

Gold New Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Male
    It is really cheap to buy cables. Like Lower than a dollar or two. Just go on Amazon and search up micro sub for Samsung Galaxy and you will see one.
    The older the phone, the cheaper the wire.

13. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Male
    Not always necessarily the older the cheaper, I think they're all cheap in general to whatever phone it is, no need to worry about the price.

14. jfab

jfab Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Male
    You can always buy a new one for that I believe. I'm just not sure how much it would cost. But I don't think it's that expensive.

15. Kyler

Kyler Active Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Male
    I've seen ones on eBay or Amazon that cost up to 2 dollars only. 2 to 5 dollars and it's quite cheap, but they are of good quality and they work well, and I have never seen them break.

16. sbatz72

sbatz72 Member

Jun 27, 2015
    Female
    Hello, I think you should go to the local store, gas stations even sell them around here. I think that is replaceable. If not at a local convenience store to you, you are sure to find one on Amazon or eBay.