Huawei To Follow Up On Nexus 6?

Discussion in 'Google Nexus' started by teamxxlp, May 13, 2015.

1. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Nobody's quite sure if Huawei is developing a Nexus tablet or a Nexus smartphone. However, a lot of chatter is going on about the company building a Nexus phablet like the Nexus 6. LG is expected to follow up on the Nexus 5, while Huawei would reportedly make a larger handset. I wouldn't mind seeing the 2015 Nexus devices including a normal-sized smartphone and then a larger phablet. More options are always good!

2. Loading...

3. GavinGimbo

GavinGimbo Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Apparently it has been confirmed that there will be a new Nexus device this year. I am in search for a new phone and was to go for the Nexus 6, but then all the hype about USB Type C and things made me decide to wait a little longer. I don't buy a phone every often and so I hope that this upcoming device will be good.

The Nexus 5 is a great device, still is with the exception of it's weak battery life. If they do remake the Nexus 5, I'm sure many users of this device will buy it.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

LG is going to remake the Nexus 5 and the benchmarks look awesome (87k points in AnTuTu - that's double the Nexus 5 2013). Curious to see what Huawei is going to bring to the table this year, but it surely looks like an awesome year for the Nexus line.

5. suegiplaye

suegiplaye New Member

I would buy a tablet from them because I like the way their smartphone works. I have had a Huawei phone for several years now and I do not have any serious issues using it.

6. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Huawei taking the reigns on the new Nexus 6 makes far more sense than Motorola doing it for the first iteration. The company can keep its costs incredibly low, especially for Google, and perhaps this model can be everything that the previous one should have been from a hardware/software and cost angle. I might be a little more excited about the upcoming second generation of the Nexus 5, though.