HTC ONE trade in price

Discussion in 'HTC' started by pwarbi, Jun 26, 2015.

1. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Having been an HTC user for some years now, I recently found my old HTC ONE M7 device in the drawer and had a quick look online to see what price company's would pay.

Even though the device is a few years old now, I was more than surprised what I was being offered. It seems like the HTC devices hold their value a lot more when compared to other manufacturers

This may be something else to consider in the future when looking at new devices, just how much you'll get for it, at the end of the contract.

teamxxlp likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. teamxxlp

teamxxlp Active Member

For the most part, HTC was the first manufacturer to release a flagship metal device for Android OS, at least that I can think of. It's one of the best reviewed devices in recent memory, so I'm not surprised that it retains its value well. A lot of the metal flagships will hold their value well moving forward, and that's even true of some of the plastic flagships. I know a G3 is still worth a decent amount of money, and even the G2 will get you some cash if you sell it on your own.

pwarbi likes this.
  4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

The amount of devices the manufacturers are bringing out these days isn't helping the resale value, and so I think looking at a trade in price further down the line is becoming more and more important when people are considering what phone to buy.

While the flagship Samsung galaxy or iPhone might cost a lot of money, just exactly how much are they going to be worth after a couple of years? My guess is probably not even a quarter of what you paid.