HTC One M8 TV App is not connecting with TV

Discussion in 'HTC' started by Guest, May 17, 2014.

1. Guest

Guest Visitor
    Visitor

In my new HTC One M8, TV app is there. I mainly bought this handset seeing its interesting features. But when I am trying to use the phone as remote, it’s not working. I followed the set up process to use it as a TV remote. But its showing me “unable to retrieve data” message when I am trying to use my HTC M8 as TV remote.

Anyone else is facing the same problem or it’s a problem on my phone? Please help me to solve this problem because it’s a very new phone.

#2 Guest, May 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
  2. Anonymous

Anonymous Visitor
    Visitor

I faced the same problem

I faced the same problem but found solution after going through the set up process again. The possible solutions that you can try are:

> Go through the set up process again. Make sure that you are following the set up process properly and complete every step.
    > Open Settings on your HTC One M8 phone. Then go to Apps and find the HTC TV app. there clear the data of the app and start the set up process again.
    > Make sure that your HTC TV app is up to date. Older version of the app creates more problem than new one.

#3 Anonymous, May 18, 2014
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Visitor
    Visitor

Here you go:
    app for tv

Here you go:
    <a=href"https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.adi.remote.phone"/>app for tv </a>
    This app is going to help you if you have the samsung smart TV
    You can install different hardwares available in the market to help yourself

Now coming on to your problem, Tell me what exactly did you do to setup the TV app and what settings have you currently got on the tv app.

#4 Anonymous, Jun 3, 2014