HTC M7 Corning Gorilla Glass

Discussion in 'HTC' started by JimSmith92, Mar 27, 2015.

1. JimSmith92

JimSmith92 Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

hello folks, i have a problem with my HTC M7, i know it has Gorilla Glass 2 and this glass from what i know is unscratchable ( well, in the good sense of humor ) because i put it in my pocket several times together with my keys and i have notice silghtly scratches on the surface of the screen, most of them ar kinda deep, soo i was wondering if this is normal ?

2. Loading...

3. GadgetAVI

GadgetAVI New Member

yes the phone has Gorilla Glass 2, not 3, anyway, i dunno how much this glass is not get scratches, i think at some points or hard pressure it get damaged , just like any other glass, soo if you hold it in your pocket together with key chains and other sharp objects it is possible that the glass could suffer some minor scratches, you said some of deep are very deep, that might be the result of some hard pressure onto the screen with direct contact with metal pieces...

4. JimSmith92

JimSmith92 Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

well, they are not very deep, but if you look carrefully you can see and feel that some of them are more deeper that the others...

5. GadgetAVI

GadgetAVI New Member

i suggest you to look on ebay for a Tempered Glass Protection for your phone, they are kinda cheap nowdays, arround 4 $ and it gets the job done... you can buy also a silicone case and your phone will be protected from scratches on the back case too ... :)

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Many phones now say they have scratch resustent glass or shatter proof displays but in all honesty, I don't think I've known any phone to be able to stand much pressure or knocks before the display breaks.

I think even though it's supposed to be pretty much indestructible, I'd treat every smartphone with kid gloves. Especially if insurance isn't an option, replacing displays every couple of months can get expensive!

7. t0rnad0

t0rnad0 New Member

I've treated my M7 very carefully since I purchased it but I still managed to get light scratches on the screen. They aren't really noticeable unless you're holding it in direct light but they are there. I think this is normal for every phone out there because unless the screen is made of sapphire it's still susceptible to scratches.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Every touchscreen smartphone, so that's pretty much all of them are going to be susceptible to wear and tear, it's the nature of the beast.

I know there are various screen protector's on the market but I have to admit, I've tried them I don't like them personally as it makes the screen lose a lot of sensitivity.

I tend to type quite fast and so for me this is a big issue.

As far as the HTC ONE screen goes, it's about the best of the bunch as far as I'm concerned, I've dropped my M7 a couple of times expecting the worsed and it's always stood up pretty well.