HTC Desire Battery Problem?

Discussion in 'HTC' started by roseblanchgte, Jun 5, 2015.

1. roseblanchgte

roseblanchgte New Member

I took my HTC Desire into a phone shop to get it repaired, my charging block was broken.
    After several days of me chasing them up, they still hadn't managed to fix it, even after putting a new charging block in and a new battery, I have come to the foregone conclusion that they are useless..

After this, I got my money back and instead purchased an external charger.

When I switch the phone on, on the charger icon it has a red line going through it instead of a green "charged" symbol.

I feel to have tried everything, I just need my phone to work lol!

Does anybody have any ideas?

2. Loading...

3. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay New Member

If you’ve been experiencing issues on your Desire where the battery doesn’t seem to last as much as it should then you can use this guide to extend your battery life. People have reported their batteries holding charge for double the time they used to after following these steps.

Obviously if your battery is performing well already then doing this won’t have any real benefits!

Instructions

Turn your phone on and charge it for 8 hours or more
    Unplug the charger
    Turn your phone off and charge it for one hour
    Unplug the charger
    Turn on the phone and wait 2 minutes
    Turn your phone off and charge it for one hour
    Unplug, turn it on and use as normal. Your battery life should now be a lot better :)

You only need to do this once. If you keep experiencing issues with your battery you should contact HTC or your network provider for support.

4. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I would just give up on that phone and get a new one. The HTC Desire is pretty old now so you can get something better potentially cheaper and for less hassle than you're going through right now

5. tarverten

tarverten Member

Yet another person having the same problem with the HTC Desire. My friend had the exact same problems. Orange told him to send it back to HTC for repair under warranty. They blamed the battery and sent it back 'repaired'. It still wouldn't charge. Blamed the charger the second time and replaced that. It still wouldn't charge. It was sent back a final time, HTC said they had replaced the handset, it still wouldn't charge. This is all within a two week period. He gave up and bought a new Samsung.They seem to have a terrible customer service at both Orange and HTC. If you can (depending if your phone is still under contract or warranty) you should demand a new phone. The Citizens Advice Bureau will be able to tell you exactly what legal rights you have (if you live in the UK that is). Good luck.

6. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

Well the battery is supposed to last up to 18hours on talktime, but no one is talking 18 hours so in normal phone use terms, its supposed to atleast last up to a day. Dropping 10-15% every hour when you are using it is fine, and I will recommend downloading JuiceDefender from Google Play cause that will conserve your battery life, But... If it is losing 10-15% without you even using it then I suggest replacing the battery cause there is something wrong with it.

7. cocolgooh

cocolgooh New Member

I had an issue with mine as well. The charger point was actually broken so it didn't matter if I had a new charger or new battery, it still couldn't charge. HTC didn't do much to help me either. I now have a Nokia instead and the battery is a lot better, although I miss having the number of apps available that was available on Android.