How To: Take a Screenshot on the HTC One (M8)

Discussion in 'HTC' started by chevii_knows_best, May 3, 2014.

1. chevypowell

chevypowell Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Feb 9, 2015
    Male
    Knowledge Seeker
    <strong>To: Take a Screenshot on the HTC One (M8) press the power button and home button together.</strong>

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Visitor
    Visitor

#3 Anonymous, May 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Visitor
    Visitor

#4 Anonymous, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
    Just swipe your screen with

Just swipe your screen with your palm from left to right
    and there's your screenshot :)

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    One of the trickier things to do on the HTC ONE. I've found if you don't press them exactly at the same time then it won't work. You end up either turning your phone off or your volume down. Which can be slightly annoying, especially when you try it like four or five times!

5. Smokey

Smokey New Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Male
    You can do that or if you are running Android 5.0 lollipop on your M8 yet, there is a snapshot option you can add to the quick settings dropdown to take a snapshot that way if you don't want to do the other method of holding down Home and Volume Down buttons.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    Holding the power button and tapping the home screen button is also an option aswell I think?

Who would have thought that there would need to be THAT many ways just to take a screenshot!

7. jfab

jfab Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Male
    I just learned that it's different taking screen shots with every Android phone. Others use the power and low volume button to do that. Good to know it's different with HTC.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    Things like this do tend to be specific to the actual device rather than be controlled by android or the OS your using.

In all the years though, I have to say I've o my ever took about 3 screenshots. What's the main reason people do this anyway?

Just out of interest...

9. GeorgiaSparrow1984

Visitor

I know on my HTC One M8, I hold down the power button and the lower volume button and then it snaps the screenshot within a few seconds and saves it to my phone's photo gallery, under Screenshots.

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    GEEK
    Manchester UK
    That seems to be the standard and most convenient way to take screenshots on most android devices I think.

Instead of saving to your gallery, a lot also have the option to send it directly to any cloud storage you have instead.

11. kofter128

kofter128 New Member

May 5, 2015
    Male
    Thanks, that's helpfull although I think most people know that :D Anyway, if you helped even one person out it's all good.