How to prevent phone from moving the apps on SD card

Discussion in 'LG' started by Guest, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Guest

Guest Visitor
    Visitor

I have a phone with Android 4.1.2 and has a very annoying thing , some applications are being moved on SD card. Among them there are some widgets and because they automatically move to the SD card, they cannot be applied the screen , where can you turn off the option to not move apps to the SD card?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Visitor
    Visitor

Hi,

Please head over to settings

Hi,

Please head over to settings , storage, storage location and tick internal storage.

or

It moves them to the SD card because there is no internal memory .

#3 Anonymous, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Visitor
    Visitor

Thanks! Apparently I only had

Thanks! Apparently I only had 2MB internal memory left.

4. introspectivgroup

introspectivgroup New Member

That memory usage will get you everytime. My husband had the same issue with his SD card. I think he only had 1 MB of memory left.

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

As people have said, it's what the phone does automatically when it's running out of memory. I agree that it's annoying but you have to admit it's a good thing? Especially more so now that you know why it's doing it!

6. hunkydoire

hunkydoire New Member

Yeah, my phone overloads on memory almost every other day. I have an app to clean all the caches, all internet history, duplicate docs/pics, etc and speed up the phone and I run it constantly. My LG always seems to be overheating too. Does anyone else notice this?

7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I think that is a problem with the hardware on the phone since my G2 overheats quite a bit under heavy usage, but it's not something terrible.
    If you have further problems I suggest you open up your phone. You may have a faulty battery.