How to open an iphone 4 s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Iamyou, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Iamyou

Iamyou Member

Hello,

I have a more technical question. Is there a guide or pattern that I can follow to open an iPhone 4 s?

I am having battery issues lately so I purchased a brand new iphone battery and I want to manually change it. The only problem is that I don't know how to open it.

Can anyone help me?

2. Loading...

3. oldman47

oldman47 Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I don't advise you to open the phone alone, instead, go to a certified service or apple service and let them do it for you. They should not charge you very much for just changing a battery.

However, if you are willing to risk breaking the iphone, I found this guide about how to open an iphone:

http://www.wikihow.com/Open-an-iPhone

4. Iamyou

Iamyou Member

Thanks, I have checked that guide and it requires a lot of tools that I don't have in my home. I guess the only option that is left is to check at a local service.

Thanks for the reply

5. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

I think most smartphones available these days are sealed or so called all in one units and any repairs or fixes that need doing, I certainly wouldn't recommend doing them yourself.

There's a lot of guides on YouTube and in various website that can make things look simple but I can assure you that a lot of the time they're definitely not worth trying, however easy it may look.

On top of the that, it will immediately invalidate any warranty or guarantee your device is under so could end up costing you more in the long run.

6. sazzydan

sazzydan New Member

I would not open it yourself without knowing exactly what you are doing. The top button my my phone has pushed in,and I was very tempted to try and make the repair myself, but if you go wrong your looking at a more hefty bill to fix it, if that is even possible. One wrong move and your phone is dead!

Take it to a qualified phone dealer, if you already have the part it should not be that expensive to do.

7. jfab

jfab Member

I don't suggest that you open your iPhone on your own. If it's still new and you feel like it's a factory defect, go to the store where you purchased it. They should fix it.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Is there an update on this? Did you manage to open the phone and replace the battery or did you take people's advice and take it to a shop to get fitted?