How to j break iPhone 6 iOS 8.1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Iamyou, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Iamyou

Iamyou Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Hello Technobezz,

Is there a jailbreak available for iOS 8.1 yet? I have reverted the jailbreak for my phone by accident.

I own the iPhone 6 Plus 64 GB version and last month I jailbreak the iphone with Pangu but it was fixed with this new 8.1 patch and now I am desperate.

Could anyone help with this matter?

Please.

2. Loading...

3. Blingtron5

Blingtron5 Member

Mar 24, 2015
    There are many downsides when you jailbreak an iPhone. One of them, and possibly most important is that you are losing the stability of the phone and this can only mean that you will backup a lot !!

Also, you are not getting the updates when you should so again, your phone will be vulnerable.

I think is for the best that you have reverted the j break, take my word.

4. Iamyou

Iamyou Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Thank you for the concerns but there are good sides when you jailbreak an iphone. Many good sides that will requiers a long list, but most important for me is the customization one.

The question is up, does anyone knows how to j break iphone that is running iOS 8

5. puru2

puru2 Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Dec 30, 2014
    Male
    Follow these instructions to jailbreak iOS 8.1 using TaiG jailbreak.

Step 1: Download the latest version of TaiG jailbreak from this link on your computer, and unzip the zip file.

Step 2: Connect your device to your computer using the USB cable.

Step 3: Disable Passcode from Settings > Touch ID & Passcode.

Step 4: Also turn off Find my iPhone from Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone.

Step 5: Please launch the application as an Administrator. Right click on the TaiG exe and select the “Run as Administrator” option.

Step 6: TaiG will take some time to detect your device. Once you confirm that it is showing the correct firmware version, deselect the TaiG App Store (the one in Chinese), just below Cydia 1.1.16.

Step 7: Click on the green jailbreak (Begin or Start) button to proceed. You will see the circular progress bar.

Note: If TaiG gets stuck at 30% or so then don’t worry, wait for 20-30 minutes for the process to progress, it can take time if you’re using it in a virtual machine.

Step 8: After the jailbreak is complete, your device will reboot automatically, and you should should see the Cydia icon on the Home screen.

Enjoy your new jailbreaked device.

6. Iamyou

Iamyou Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Thanks for the steps. Could you also tell me on what devices is TaiG jailbreak supported?

7. puru2

puru2 Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Dec 30, 2014
    Male
    It works with all the iOS 8 – 8.1.2 compatible devices:

• iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5 and iPhone 4s
    • iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3 and iPad 2
    • iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, 1st gen iPad mini
    • 5th generation iPod touch (iPod touch 5g)

8. jfab

jfab Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Male
    It's best not jailbreak your iPhone. First, the warranty is going to be compromised. And in case the Jailbreaking doesn't work, it could really harm your phone.