How to fix WIFI dropping signal after 8.1 update?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Guest, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Guest

Guest Visitor
    Visitor

#2 Guest, Jan 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
    How to fix WIFI dropping signal after 8.1 update?

I want to mention that before the update the WIFI was working perfectly. I have 100mb/s connection and the download speed was really great. After I updated to 8.1 the wifi is dropping and the signal is 5/5 but the download speed is utter crap.

What is going on? How can I fix this?

2. chevypowell

chevypowell Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Feb 9, 2015
    Male
    Knowledge Seeker
    #3 chevypowell, Jan 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
    Hello and welcome to our

Hello and welcome to our community. A lot of people have experienced a WIFI problem after updating to iOS 8.

Here are a few known workarounds for this issue:

1.Toggle Wi-Fi/Airplane mode: You might find that it comes back temporarily if you toggle Wi-Fi off and then on again. Alternatively you could switch on Airplane mode and then turn it off again. Swipe up from the bottom to open the Control Center and toggle these settings.

2.Reboot: Some people report temporary success by switching the device off on and again. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for ten seconds or so, until you see the Apple logo. Your Wi-Fi may work again for a while.

3.Turn Bluetooth off: Sometimes Bluetooth can interfere with Wi-Fi speeds so you could try turning Bluetooth off. It won’t fix the issue, but it might reduce it.

Let us know if it worked for you. Cheers!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Visitor
    Visitor

Thanks for the above solutions,

Thanks for the above solutions, I finally managed to fix my problem ^_^

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Visitor
    Visitor

It worked for me too.

It worked for me too. Thank you a lottle!