How to fix Wi-FI not connecting or dropping?

Discussion in 'Google Nexus' started by Guest, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Guest

Guest Visitor
    Visitor

Hello everyone,

I require your help with a problem I have been facing on my old Nexus as well. Sometimes the WI-FI connection is dropping and sometimes I am unable to connect at all.

Last time I tried with a static IP address and it worked, after changing the frequency band from 5 GHz to 2.4 Ghz.

I have full bar but I don't understand why the connection drops.

The router is in perfect condition as I have other devices connecting to it as well, so the issue is with the Nexus 9.

Any suggestions please?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Visitor
    Visitor

I am not an internet expert but there is an app named Wi-Fi Analyzer which is checking how crowded the channels are. Maybe u have many WIFI in your area and they are interfering.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Visitor
    Visitor

A friend of mine had this issue and I asked him today and he said he did this:

Turn the Nexus 9 completely off by holding down the Power button and tapping Power off. Turn the router off too. Wait 30 seconds and then turn them both on again. Go to Settings > Wi-Fi and long press on the network you’re trying to connect to and tell it to Forget network. Make sure you have the right details and try connecting from scratch.

Hope it helps.

4. puru2

puru2 Member
    Staff Member Senior Member

Dec 30, 2014
    Male
    You can also check your router settings and ensure that MAC filtering is off or add the MAC address of your Nexus 9. You’ll find it in Settings > About tablet.

Please let us know if any of the above suggestions have fixed your issue knocky.