How to fix sound not working ios 8.1 ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Guest, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Guest

Guest Visitor
    Visitor

How to fix sound not working ios 8.1 ? I am confronting this annoying issue after I updated my iphone 5 few days ago.

I refuse to think this is caused by a physical / hardware issue as i didn't dropped the phone nor anything.

Also, the update was correctly installed - no errors.

What can cause this?

#2 Guest, Jan 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
  2. Anonymous

Anonymous Visitor
    Visitor

I would like to know

I would like to know too, I am experiencing the same issue since the update. I am having an iPhone 5 as well.

3. chevypowell

chevypowell Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

It could be indeed a

It could be indeed a hardware issue, but let's think positive.

Please perform these troubleshooting steps and let us know if it fixed your sound issue:

1.Hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button together for 10 seconds or so until the device restarts and you see the Apple logo.

2.Check in Settings > General under Use Side Switch To and make sure Mute isn’t ticked or toggle the side switch. You can also check by swiping up and taking a look at the icon on the right in Control Center.

#4 chevypowell, Jan 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2015
  4. Anonymous

Anonymous Visitor
    Visitor

The restart worked for me

The restart worked for me so yeah.. as dumb as it might sound it actually fixes the issue LOL

5. IcyBC

IcyBC Recognized Member
    Recognized Member

I have the iPhone 5, my phone seems to be just normal after the updates. I have no problem, but my iPad experiencing some sort of a problem with some apps like PBS, History and NBC. They just run a little and then stop with a black screen.